Gaahhh DAM Fast machine!

Pages: 1
Optimus_Prime
05/26/03 01:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok i need help with getting Mechwarrior2(Not Mercs or GBL)to work on my Windows XP. I can get it all the way to just before the opening movie then it goes back to the desktop i tried practicly every cababilty setting but no luck. But get this GBL works fine Im having the same problem with its competetor to Earthsiege. So i would greatly like to know how to make them run. And also what mechs does Mechwarrior2: Mercs have? For i have been wanting to know for a awhile.

http://2845.mechnex.net
The Cybrids are coming, will you be ready?
Dog
05/27/03 03:34 AM

lotsa mechs in merc's
Best option: Get a machine not running XP

Dog
I got my box dual booting, just be sure to put them on seperate partitions.
NathanKell
05/30/03 08:19 PM

MW2: the DOS version, the made-for-a-specific-3D-card version(s), or the Titanium Pack D3D version?
If DOS, use something like VDMSound to emulate the sound.
If Windows 95, try running it in compatibility mode (create shortcut to the exe, go to properties of the shortcut, go to compatibility tab, choose Win95 mode).
For card-specific, if you have the Voodoo one all I can suggest is a Glide wrapper.

Worse comes to worst, use something like Connectix Virtual PC to emulate a DOS or Win95 box.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2626

Contact Admins Sarna.net