The Tecmo Special (TCM-10)

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/11/03 03:46 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The Tecmo special is an experimental high level (including homebrew) mech meant to serve as a direct fire style fire support mech. Though not exact, think the DCMS Mauler.
The mech's main weapondry is 2 Large LIER lasers (Advanced Technology ) backed up by 2 Streak SRM-4s. The result is a mech with extreme range and decent damage, an ideal fire support mech. Unfortunately its a bit pricey and due to the thicker than average armor and good movement speed somewhat limited in the tonnage devoted to weapondry, in comparision to many fire support mechs.

Tech Level: 2 + Homebrew (Large LIER Lasers) I.S.
Tonnage: 90
Engine 360 Light 25 tons
Walk MP: 4
Run MP: 6
Jump MP: 4 (8 tons)
Internal Structure: Endo Steel 4.5 tons
Heat Sinks: 18(36) 8 tons
Armor: 17.5 tons 279
H: 9/3
R/L Torso: 24/19
R/L Torso Rear: 14
Center Torso: 42/29
Center Torso Rear: 16
R/L Arm: 30
R/L Leg: 38
Weapons and Equipment:
Large LIER Laser 6.5 tons 4 crits RA
Large LIER Laser 6.5 tons 4 crits LA
Streak SRM-4 3 tons 1 crit RT
Streak SRM-4 3 tons 1 crit LT
Ammo(Streak SRM-4)-25 1 ton 1 crit H
Jump Jet 2 tons 1 crit RT
Jump Jet 2 tons 1 crit LT
Jump Jet 2 tons 1 crit RL
Jump Jet 2 tons 1 crit LL

-Large LIER Laser-
Low Intensity Extreme Range Laser has range comparabl to the longest ranged autocannons, unfortunately this range was only acheived by using a lower intensity beam greatly reducing the damage it deals. The poor technology used in the newest crystals for LIER lasers has kept the heat extremely high (some say high enough to warrant shelfing the technology) and leave the lasers with a lack of focussing ability at shorter ranges.
Weight: 6.5 tons
Criticals: 4
Heat: 18
Damage: 7
Min: 2
Short: 9
Medium: 18
Long: 27
Extreme: 28 (the low intensity beam disipates quickly after long range)

I haven't thought heavily about the lore surrounding LIER lasers, feel free to post any ideas as replys. I envision the LIER lasers as primarily coming from either the Lyrans, whom needed to invest in a new extreme range weapon as they found their slower heavier mechs largely out gunned at long ranges by the clans, or through one of the major periphery states. In this scenario the state busy conducting its own research on ER Lasers and manufacturing stumbles on to the LIER much like the FWL stumbled onto the Light Gauss Rifle.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 252 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3508

Contact Admins Sarna.net