Foster Protomech

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/12/03 06:00 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok this is a clan coyote protomech I dveloped a while back when warden clans first came out. Its been on my webpage, but (heh) that hasn't been updated since 7/?/03.
I'm copying and pasting the "lore" so please forgive the spelling and gramatical errors I'm certain remain.

Enjoy:
Clan Coyote was among the first to express an intrest in protomech technology, fighting fiercely and bidding competitively to quickly secure the mechs from Jade Falcon (whom absorbed much of the remainder of the Jaguars). The Coyotes however were hesitant to begin production of the existing Jaguar designs, seeing them as rushed and unfinished. As such Khan Sullivan Koga made a bold and decisive move ordering three teams of crack Coyote scientists and technicians to begin working on protomech developement.
The design teams were given three main objectives to tackle before the clan would begin production of protomechs. The first objective was that the EI control mechanisms needed to be reformed or replaced so as to be safe to the protomech pilot. Khan Koga reffered to this as "...the need to eliminate a barbaric system with no respect for a warrior's heart or life".
The next crucial objective was to expand the versatility of the protomechs. This was hardly pushed by the Khan except in secret meetings with top officials where the Khan spoke of the possibilities of "omniprotomechs".
The final objective was to expand the cockpit so that Coyotes wouldn't need to rely on aerospace genetic legacies as heavily as the other clans.

The first design to begin addressing these concerns is the Foster. An impressive protomech the Foster is named after the planet where the Coyote's first Khan had her first visions. The unveiling of the Foster was particularly moving when the design was presented by Khan Sullivan, "...and it is somehow fitting that now in this turbulant time filled with danger we remember again our first visions, lest this Foster protomech guide us into the future and protect us from the encircling darkness of the present.".

This protomech addressed each of the Khans main complaints with the design, though some less fully than others. First the system relies on a safer version of an EI style system, now instead of relying on nueral exchange of data the system relies instead on motor signals. this makes the system far less effective than normal EI, though far more safe (for mechwarrior/battletech purposes treat this as a standard targeting system, with neither any additional benefits of disabilities. Secondly the mech is quite versatile mounting the new, ATM launcher which allows the munit to change a simple ammo type to drastically change its abilites. Unfortunately, currently the system requires the protomech to only carry a single type of ammunition which can only be changed by removing the specialized ammo pod between missions. Finally Coyote scientists were able to marginally increase the size of the cockpit. This not only has given the unit a bulging appearance it has allowed the clan to make use of warriors of mechwarrior genetic legacies, as well as most freebirths (unfortunately clan breed infantry is still far too large.)
Stats:
Tonnage: 8
Walk MP: 4
Run MP: 6
Jump MP: 4
Weapon:
ATM-3 (Main Gun)
<<note when i made this they didnt list by the tube atm stats so I went ahead and just added an already defined launcher size>>
Ammo:
ATM-3 1 ton (20 shots) (Main Gun)
Total Armor Points: 43 (Maximum possible)

Note #1: I wrote this out in a text file somewhere on my computer, and paper before that, but can't find either so unless someone wants to remake it and list the tonnage break downs I don't have em.
Note #2: (This is from the webpage, and applies... I think)
Excess tonnage represents the necessary changes to increase "cockpit" size. If you dont want to play with this change, simply allocate the excess to ammunition (it comes out to around 3 shots more). The ATM can only mount a single type of ammunition due to the restraints of the ammunition casing which doesn't have sufficient room to mount a sorter capable of switching ammunition types. Note Fosters can still use all three ammunition types, but each trooper must have only a single type specified which can easily and quickly be changed between missions where the protomechs have access to techs and ammunition

As always feel free to comment till your hearts are content!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
11/12/03 06:48 PM

Actually, ProtoMechs aren't allowed to use ATMs at all.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
11/12/03 07:16 PM

BAH! I like my atm proto mech, just consider ithomebrew then.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 252 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4916

Contact Admins Sarna.net