Vapor Raven Protomech

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/12/03 06:08 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Again this comes from my semi-defunct web page (see the Foster listing)
Enjoy:
Clan Snow Raven was bound to quickly adopt the new protomech technology, both because of its excellent aerospace genetic legacies, and a strong tradition in utilizing specialized armor as warship/dropship support.

The first design to be introduced by the Ravens has earned quite a reputation. The medium sized protomech currently has the largest jump range of any light batlearmor unit yet devised, greater than even the newer Sylph armor. Unfortunately like a true battlemech, protomechs can not use this jumping range to hover or fly. The enhanced offensive capabilities and strong armor however make the unit much more likely to survive a battle and hence have become quite popular among Snow Raven forces.

Clan Snow Raven has already entered full production of the design and rumors indicate they are supplementing marine battlearmor trinaries assigned to warships and dropships for special operations with the new designs. Intelligence data has shown that Raven instructors have already begun to train warriors specifically for protomech duty. Among the requirments of graduating to an assignment is to successfully perform an orbital insertion in a Vapor Raven protomech. It is doubtful that the Ravens have instituted full scale trial of position but intelligence seems to indicate that at least the marine assignments are won by a trial, though specifics are skecthy at best.

the development of the protomech went on with out a hitch, Raven engineers even found the light frame to be easy to calibrate for long range jumps (a task some speculated as impossible before the project). The only minor problem during development was the fixed laser weapon. Initially this was placed in the Main Weapon slot, but engineers found this reduced the mechs manueverability and dexterity (necessary for marine operations). This was seemingly solved by attatching the laser to one of the mech's wrist mounts, unfortunately pilot preference eventually fueld the change to an interchangable left/right weapons port, that allowed the laser to be mounted easily and quickly on either arm (similar to omnimechs and elementals).
Stats:
Tonnage: 5
Walk MP: 7
Run MP: 11
Jump MP: 7
Weapon:
ER Small Laser (Arm Mounted, see notes)
Total Armor Points: 23 (Maximum)
Notes:
The Vapor Raven has an extrnal laser mount on each arm. This allows the protomech to be restructured to suit pilot preferences. Each arm also has a fully functional hand actuator, complex enough to perform simple tasks with (treat this as capable of performing any actions an elemental normally could). Vapor Raven pilots are trainedand capable of performing most tasks assigned to snow Raven marine elementals, such as external dropship opperations and orbital insertions.

Let me know what you think!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
widowmaker
11/14/03 02:22 AM

I think you have some tonnage left over; I added everything up and got 4.375 tons. Check my math here:

5 ton chassis
Internal Structure: 500 kg
Cockpit: 500 kg
Engine Rating 35: 875 kg
Jump Rating 7: 350 kg
Total Armor 23: 1150 kg
ER Small Laser: 500 kg
2 Heat Sinks: 500 kg
Total weight: 4375 kg

Did I miss anything? And just as a small note, the max armor for a 5 ton proto without a main gun is 24, not 23.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
tgsofgc
11/14/03 02:40 AM

Well lets go with this...
OOPS
umm hmmm care to change it for me, maybe add another weapon, or upgrade the laser?
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
widowmaker
11/14/03 03:11 AM

Well, ok, ask and ye shall receive.

5 ton chassis
Walk MP: 9
Run MP: 14
Jump MP: 9
Weapons:
ER Small Laser (Arm Mounted)
SRM 1-tube (10 shots) (Torso)
Total Armor Points: 24 (Maximum)

Internal Structure: 500 kg
Cockpit: 500 kg
Rating 45 Engine: 1000 kg
9 Jump Jets: 450 kg
24 Armor Points: 1200 kg
ER Small Laser: 500 kg
2 Heat Sinks: 500 kg
SRM 1-tube: 250 kg
10 shots SRM-1 ammo: 100 kg
Total Weight: 5 tons

After increasing the engine rating to 45 (the largest 1 ton rating), adding 2 more jump jets, and 1 more armor point, there were 350 kg available. Thus, the SRM-1.

Comments?
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 210 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4873

Contact Admins Sarna.net