Redundent Gyro Systems

Pages: 1
LordChaos
11/21/03 06:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Redundent Gyro Systems

Here's house rules for a redundent (backup) gyro system (refered to as RGS). Ment for use with my duel engine rules, but can be used in "normal engine" mechs up to a point (as will be shown).

The RGS is intending to provide a backup gyro in a mech in case of damage or destruction of the primary gyro (something many mechwarriors have asked for. ;-) ).

The RGS takes weighs the normal 1 ton per 100 engine ratine (round up like normal). It also takes 1 crit per ton, and this MUST be in the CT. (note it s RGS, Gyro 2, ect). So, as the CT normaly only has 2 free crits, this can normaly only be used with engines up to 200 rating. It can, however, be combined with my Duel Engine system up to a CER of 400.

A mech with the RGS can activate it (or deactivate it and return to the original gyro control) any time by spending a turn imoble (no movement, no torso twist). When active the RGS imposes a +1 to all PSR (this is cumlitive with all other modifiers EXCEPT gyro hits) (this is due to less then optimal gyro placement).

Unlike a conventional gyro, an RGS is destroyed by a single hit.

The task of switching from one gyro to the other can be done even after the gyro in use at the time becomes destroyed.

Cost wise, a RGS cost 4x the price of a regular gyro of equil size (due to the duplication of various connections and changes in computer control required).

Next up : Battery Powered Mechs!
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
tgsofgc
11/22/03 07:28 AM

Couple questions:
1) If the RGS, not the GS, is destroyed while activated, and the mech still has a functioning GS does it automatically fall, if not what type of roll/s and modifier/s are required?
2) Can a mech mount multiple RGS systems if it has room (such as a 100 rated engine mech with 2)?
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
LordChaos
11/23/03 05:36 AM

1) I would say automaticaly falls, as it wouldn't have an ACTIVE gyro available. However, it could activate it's origianl gyro (assumed not destroyed) the next turn and be able to continue.

2) I don't see why not.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Silenced_Sonix
11/26/03 03:37 PM

I can just picture this: a massive spinning gyroscope on a set of legs, a small laser on top, and the pilot sitting in a cockpit under the gyro - Tau!

Actually sounds cool though
Evolve or Die
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4691

Contact Admins Sarna.net