TGSofGC's Odd Mech Design Contest...Only for the Insane

Pages: 1
tgsofgc
11/09/03 03:45 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Welcome one and all to the first ever design bid for Fund e' Metal Mechworks, or Fundy Mechs for short. The current bid has been placed tp fulfill the role of a slow battlefield juggernaught barely apable of moving. Why... because the periphery needs some fast moving garrison mechs.
So here are the requirements and basics upon which submitted mechs will be judged:
Requirements:
Technology: Innersphere Level 3 including Maxtech, all published material up to TRO:3060 (cause thats all I know well), note other sources of level 3 tech such as Tactical Handbook and Unbound (cause those are old... and Fundy is young)
Weight: Any between 20 tons and 100 tons
Movement: The base walk speed must be 1. Note the mech may mount other specialized systems such as masc or superchargers, also the mech may utilize any form of jump jets (or boosters).
Cost: No Maximum
BV: No Maximum

Judging:
All mechs will be compared only to all other mechs submitted for most tests.

Test 1: Alpha Strike Damage comparision
The total damage the mech could do on an alpha strike assuming all possible points of damage hit (ie ultra acs do double) by weapons in the front arc + ( the total alpha strike damage of weapons that can fire only into the rear arc)x2
(Total Front)+(2x(Total Rear)) =
The top three most damaging mechs will recieve points:
first 3 pts
second 2 pts
third 1pt
Test 2 Urbie endurance
I will pit your mech versus a single urbanmech, though you won't be able to fire any weapons. Then I will record the number of turns it took the urbanmech to kill the mech while it provides the hardest to hit target possible on a flat "empty" map, if you can simply evade the mech you will. The winners will be the mechs to die to the urbanmech the fastest.
First 3pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 3 BV
Your mechs total BV / (your mech weight - the average mech weight submitted)
if your mech is lighter than average treat this as 1
BV / (Weight-AVG Weight) =
This highest relative BV wins
First 3 pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 4 Fastest Run
The mech that can move the fastest using all possible equipment and running mp.
First 3pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 5 Capcity Measure
The mech gets 1 pt for each critical space that contains an active component that can be destroyed on critical hit. The following components are worth more points:
Guardian ECM: 2
Beagle Active Probe: 2
Angel ECM: 3
Bloodhound Active Probe: 3
Coolant Pod: 3
C3 Slave: 4
Note physical weapons despite being broken on criticals are not considered an active component.
The three mechs with the highest total will win this test.
First 3pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 6 Boom Factor
The total possible damage of all exploding internal components simultaneously igniting is calculated. This is then divided by the total amount of the mech mounts (in pts, note this is raw pts and things like hardened don't count as two). The mechs with the highest final boom factor win the test
First 3 pts
Second 2 pts
Third 1 pt
Test 7 Logistics support
The mech with the greatest number of different types of components are awarded points. Note patchwork armor counts as one type of component for each different type of specialty armor on the unit.
First 3 pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 8 Heat Efficiency
Maximum possible heat of the unit - maximum possible heat dissipation
This may result in negative numbers
The mechs with the lowest result, or most negative are awarded points.
First 3pts
Second 2pts
Third 1pt
Test 9 Profit Margin
The most expensive mechs are awarded points
First 3 pts
Second 2 pts
Third 1 pt
Test 10 Flavor du Jour
Does the entry have flavor text that describes why and who built the unit. What are the capabilites of the unit. Also it must answer the following question: why isnt the design still commonly seen on battlefields?
Each entry will get points for this category, ie not just the top 3
As per:
Thorough and Insightful or funny: 3pts
It has some but not much or not very original: 2pts
It includes only a single sentence that I am not sure is even english, this however means it must have punctation even if incorrect: 1pt
Nothing: 0pts

This contest isn't a joke... well at least I mean I really will judge all entrants as described above and post winners.
Prizes:
Well the top three mechs will be considered Fundy Approved mechs, and you can brag, alot.
I may try to honor the winners in the future through little unfulfilling means like bringing up the designs in future posts or using the mechs as a basis for comparision.

Deadline the contest will be considered closed on Nov 30th, approximately 21 days from now. All mechs posted in this forum by the morning of the 1st will be part of the judging.
I should be able to announce winners quickly there after along with score totals for all submitted mechs.
Live on in history and submit your mechs today.
I'll answer questions posted in this forum, and will even provide contest approved totals if asked.
All Entrys should be repsonses with the subject line:
Entry: (your mech's name and/or designation)

hehe enjoy!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
11/11/03 03:16 AM

Type: MMB-X Munchmobile
Technology Base: Marian Hegemony, Inner Sphere, 3060.
Mass: 55 Tons
Chassis: MMB Hardened Steel
Power Plant: Core Tek 275
Cruising Speed: 54.0 kph
Maximum Speed: 86.4 kph
Armour: Durallex Special Medium Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
35 Strike Master Rocket Launcher-10s.
Communications System: Screaming Munchkin
Targeting and Tracking System: Munchkin TargeTrack
Primary Manufacturer: Dante Enterprises
Primary Factory: Loysville

OVERVIEW

Created specifically to respond to a consultation call by Fund ‘e Mental Mechworks, the MMB-X Munchmobile is inarguably the most pointless design in existence.

CAPABILITIES

Armed solely with RL-10s..most of which face backwards…the Munchmobile is entirely un-combat-worthy, designed only to take advantage of a scoring system which is skewed towards rear-firing weaponry. DE accepts no resposibilty for the loss of limb or life potential pilots may face from the constant rear attacks they will face when using the Munchmobile.

DEPLOYMENT

So far, the MMB-X Munchmobile exists only as a computer simulation. The computer simulation also shows that the ‘Mech would simulataneously explode from overheating and fall over forwards from the massive launch recoil if it did ever alpha strike, but who cares?

COST ANALYSIS

A Munchmobile would cost 4,889,993 C-Bills to construct.

MY BLURB

T3h o\/\/l\l. Lol. Ask, and ye shall receive. Weird enough, chief? I’ll do some maths for you, ‘cos I know I hate maths as well.

“Test 1: Alpha Strike Damage comparision
The total damage the mech could do on an alpha strike assuming all possible points of damage hit (ie ultra acs do double) by weapons in the front arc + ( the total alpha strike damage of weapons that can fire only into the rear arc)x2
(Total Front)+(2x(Total Rear)) = “

Well, I get 580 points. Bwahahaha. (80 for 8 Front-facing RL-10s, 500 for 25 Rear-mounted ones.)

“Test 5 Capcity Measure
The mech gets 1 pt for each critical space that contains an active component that can be destroyed on critical hit. The following components are worth more points:
Guardian ECM: 2
Beagle Active Probe: 2
Angel ECM: 3
Bloodhound Active Probe: 3
Coolant Pod: 3
C3 Slave: 4
Note physical weapons despite being broken on criticals are not considered an active component.
The three mechs with the highest total will win this test.”

I score a 49.

“Test 6 Boom Factor
The total possible damage of all exploding internal components simultaneously igniting is calculated. This is then divided by the total amount of the mech mounts (in pts, note this is raw pts and things like hardened don't count as two). The mechs with the highest final boom factor win the test.”

I score 0. Nothing on the ‘Mech can explode.

“Test 8 Heat Efficiency
Maximum possible heat of the unit - maximum possible heat dissipation
This may result in negative numbers”

I score –95.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 15.5
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Internal Structure: 5.5
Ferro-Fibrous: 10.5
35 RL-10s: 17.5

GAME STATISTICS

Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8

Total Heat Sinks: 10 Single Heat Sinks

Notes: This ‘Mech should not be used. Ever.

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 27/9
Side Torsos: 18/7
Arms: 18
Legs: 26

BVs

LOCATIONS

Head: 1 RL-10 (Rear)
Side Torsos: 12 RL-10s (Rear)
Centre Torso: 2 RL-10s (Rear)
Legs: 2 RL-10s (Rear)
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
11/11/03 04:02 AM

Ok the good news and the bad news all in one jumbled mess, cause thats the best i can muster...
First nice to see this back in action complete with its new rear facing configuration
<<Technology: Innersphere Level 3 including Maxtech, all published material up to TRO:3060 (cause thats all I know well), note other sources of level 3 tech such as Tactical Handbook and Unbound (cause those are old... and Fundy is young)>>
Sorry, but I think RL-10s are later tech than that, but... I'll still except it if you give me a reply post to this one with the full stats for the RL-10 (cause as before I don't have em).

On heat efficiency, <<I score –95.>> I think you mean a 95, right? Cause its maximum possible minus max possible dissipation. A -95 would mean you can get rid of 95 more heat than you could possibly ever generate, sorry bud (less im really misguided on RLs)

Oh and again thanks for the entry hope it does well!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
11/12/03 02:26 AM

RL-10s are from the Field Manual: Periphery and appear in the BMR (Revised). I just finished a 7 hour shift dragging heavy objects around for very little purpose and even less pay, so right now I'll skip the rules. You might be able to find them on www.chaosmarch.com though.

On the heat? Yeah. My maths is lame
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
tgsofgc
11/19/03 05:18 AM

Well haven't seen many (read as: only 1 so far) entries, so here is the obligatory:
BUMP!
Avanti's Angels, 3058
tgsofgc
12/05/03 04:46 PM

Due to lack of intrest and consequentially competition the Munchmobile walks away the winner.
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Nightward
12/05/03 09:55 PM

Wheee!

I AM TEH PWN!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5675

Contact Admins Sarna.net