ap gas pods

Pages: 1
wartang
12/12/03 12:53 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
just a thought how about using gas instead of explosives after all ap pods dont work on armored infrantry any ways
i love this game
tgsofgc
12/12/03 02:52 AM

Well technically speaking it was outlawed in the aries convention. Other than that no problems from me.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
CrayModerator
12/12/03 04:40 AM

Or just improved AP pods that scatter anti-armor charges. How heavy is an AP pod? 0.5 tons? You can fit a lot of SRM warheads in that mass.

Plus, gas isn't going to bother battle armor, which is sealed.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Silenced_Sonix
12/13/03 03:01 PM

How about incendiary AP pods that could be used to start a fire in the three frontal hexes that the 'mech faces? Would be usefull against vehicles and infantry, methinks...
Evolve or Die
tgsofgc
12/14/03 12:26 AM

see also: Mech Mortars (they come in an incendiary form already)
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
wartang
12/14/03 05:31 PM

Quote:

Or just improved AP pods that scatter anti-armor charges. How heavy is an AP pod? 0.5 tons? You can fit a lot of SRM warheads in ton of ammo
Quote:

would that count as a ammo explosion
i love this game
CrayModerator
12/15/03 06:39 AM

Quote:

would that count as a ammo explosion

Not if done properly.

I was figuring you'd use a small charge or compressed gas to toss the explosives out from the pod, and would use SRM warhead-sized explosives designed for the job, not actual SRM warheads. Think of it as a cluster bomb strapped to the mech's shin, or imagine putting a small grenade under a duffle bag filled with tennis balls - you'd scatter the submunitions everywhere and completely turn the infantry into chum for a significant distance.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
wartang
12/15/03 01:44 PM

aww i see now
i love this game
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6035

Contact Admins Sarna.net