Newbie mech ID question

Pages: 1
Phantom_Limbs
12/12/03 05:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
hello all,
just signed up today. i just received a lance that i ordered from ebay last week. the seller goofed my order, so to make up for it, he included an extra mech. i have no clue what this mech is so i figured id drop a line here with a description of the mini...
anyway, its a larger mech (maybe around 80 tons??? about the size of a thug but a bit thicker) with LRM 20's (or MRM 20's, dont know how to distinguish) on each shoulder. in the right hand, it is holding a sword, and in the left, there is a cannon (minus the hand). the head doesnt look like other mechs ive seen; it has a face plate on it that looks like a cross between a wolverine (xman) mask, a spawn (mcfarlane comic) mask, or a batman mask (comes up at two points at the top). on the base, it says "1997 FASA, Mfg by Ral Partha."
thats all the info i can give for now, as i do not have a digi cam. if i wasnt descript enough, please respond with other questions.

Thanks
Grizzly
12/13/03 10:07 PM

That sounds like the No Dai Chi. A Draconis Combine mech of around 60-70 tons. The Missile ports are for MRM launchers, though I don't recall what size. I can't remember if the gun arm is an ERPPC or an LBX10, but I think it is an ERPPC. The design and artwork originally appeared in the Draconis Combine Field Manual. I don't have access to my books right now, but once I get home I should be able to quote the info. Unless some one else has immediate access. Hope this helps!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
tgsofgc
12/14/03 12:53 AM

yup, your right on the ball grizzly. It did have a ER PPC too, not the LB-X. Its a sick mech, 75 tons 3xMynomer and a sword, a true brawler. (Its very cool looking too!)
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Phantom_Limbs
12/14/03 01:40 PM

thanks for the replies. the No-Daichi is a pretty cool mech, especially for free. the head is the only part of the mech im not too fond of. looks more like some sort of warhammer 40K chaos warrior than a mech...
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6923

Contact Admins Sarna.net