Musketeer

Pages: 1
Nevik
06/01/04 08:38 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Name: MusketeerMass: 35.0Tech Base: Inner Sphere, Level 1Manufactureer: Confederate Arms Corp.Mp: 4Rp: 6Jp: 0Overvew:The Musketeer was Concived with the same performance parameters of the larger Rifleman. Its lighter AC armament is to act as light firesupport for a Light/Medium Mech lance, while the more powerful lasers are used against close-in threats.Capabilities:Dula AC-2s' provide the primary armament of the Musketeer. Their superior range allow the nessary longange firesupport of its mission parameters. Dual arm mounted medium lasers, mounted under the ACs, act as backup should things get up close and personal. 7.5 tons of armor provides just more than the Mech's theoritical maximum of protection, and gives more than a little piece of mind to the pilot of the Musketeer. However, this protection and firepower come at a cost of mobility. The Musketeer's 140 GM powerplant doesn't even let the mech top 65 Kph, and it mounts no Jump Jets.Specifications:Internal Structure: 3.5Cockpit: 3.0Engine: 5.0 (140)Gyroscope: 2.0Heat Sinks: 0.0 (10)Jump Jets: 0.0 (0)ArmorLocation/IS/ArmorH 3 9CT-R 11 15-7R/LT-R 8 11-5 R/LA 6 12R/LL 8 16ArmamentWeapon/Location/Mass/HeatM Laser RA 1.0 (3)M Laser LA 1.0 (3)AC-2 RA 6.0 (1)AC-2 LA 6.0 (1)Ammo(AC-2) CT 2.0 (90 Salvos)
-Nuke the Whales

-Revenge of the drunken pandas
Greyslayer
06/01/04 09:16 PM

Unfortunately the design for me came out about 37 tons just working it off paper.

3.5 tons Internal Structure
3 tons cockpit
5 tons engine
2 tons Gyro
7.5 tons Armour
12 tons AC 2
2 tons AC ammo
2 tons Medium Lasers
-----
37.0 tons

This could work better if you take a whitworth (40 tonner) drop the weapons and jump jets giving you 17 tons to work with since you require 16 tons for your equipment the extra weight could then go into armour or a third medium. your choice.
Nevik
06/04/04 03:24 PM

Thanks, Greyslayer. Evidently my summer hiatus has affected my counting ability.Any-hoo, to correct the Musketeer's obesity: Reduce AC-2 ammunition from 2 tons to 1 ton, and shave one ton of armor off. New armor spread is as follows:Armor Mass 6.5Armor (Location)9 (Head)15-7 (CT-R)10-5 (L/RT-R)10 (L/RA) 12 (L/RL) You do have a point about raising the tonnage to 40, but, though useful from a design standpoint, totaly undercuts the reason of why I built the Mech in the first place. You see, there are only 3 mechs in the 3025 TRO that even HAVE AC-2s (Vulcan, Blackjack, and JagerMech). My origional concept was an AC-2 whielding mech at 30 tons, but I couldn't mount any auxillery weapondry (cough***Medium Lasers****cough), so I upped the tonnage to 35. HOWEVER, doing that made me have the 40 tonners as rivals for my mech (I compare mechs to other mechs at +5 or -5 tons around the built (or cannon) mech). It just boils down to that I CANNOT raise the Musketeer's mass anymore, for doing so will put it in direct competition with the BlackJack, and for all practical purposes the purpose and the design philosophy of the BlackJack Musketeer are nearly Identical. And why build what has already been built?Oh yah, while i'm at it, whats that neat little pice of code that you type into a post that stops it from taking out all the spaces?
-Nuke the Whales

-Revenge of the drunken pandas
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4304

Contact Admins Sarna.net