I.C.E. Utility Mechs?

Pages: 1
Carthaginian
07/25/04 03:53 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
If you were building a utility 'mech with an I.C.E. powerplant, would you be forced to retain the hea sinks that normally come with a fusion-powered 'mech?

MaxTech says to add extra heat sinks normally, but it doesn't say anything about the ones that would be required under the normal construction rules.
Nightward
07/25/04 05:58 PM

I believe it would come with 10 free Heat Sinks in the same way that an ICE powered vehicle is considered to have 10 free heat sinks in the engine.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Carthaginian
07/25/04 08:30 PM

OK, one other question, does the chainsaw do any kind of damage over what a punch would do...

or is it just dead weight on a 'mech that will see combat?
CrayModerator
07/25/04 09:16 PM

Quote:

If you were building a utility 'mech with an I.C.E. powerplant, would you be forced to retain the hea sinks that normally come with a fusion-powered 'mech?

No. IC engines come with no heat sinks. Further, every heat sink added to an IC mech must go into a critical slot - none go into the engine.

However, ICE mechs generate heat normally. You'll need at least 1 heat sink to handle heat from movement.

That's covered in BMR/MaxTech errata somewhere.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
07/25/04 09:18 PM

Quote:

I believe it would come with 10 free Heat Sinks in the same way that an ICE powered vehicle is considered to have 10 free heat sinks in the engine.

Nope. And ICE vehicles do NOT get 10 free heat sinks in the engine.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Carthaginian
07/25/04 09:22 PM

Thanks, guys. My BattleTech experience is limited to a well-played copy of MW3, so when I bough the Master Rules, the amount of options blew my mind- and finding a used copy of MaxTech at the local game srore didn't help any!

Now, does anyone know of a free mech design program that doesn't force those 10 free heat sinks on you?
CrayModerator
07/26/04 08:24 AM

Quote:

Now, does anyone know of a free mech design program that doesn't force those 10 free heat sinks on you?

Free? Nope.

Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5546

Contact Admins Sarna.net