Weapons Data:
Type: #: LOC: Ammo:
LRM 5 2 F 24
SRM 4 2 F 25
AC 10 2 T 20
MG 1 T 100

Cost: 2,288,000

Over View:
A Replacement of the SLDF Mech Buster Heavy Battle Tank built in the 2nd SW after the first one could no longer be built because of the Lack of it's Lighter weight armor and when the Fusion Engines was needed for Battle Mechs.

Thus down Grading the LRM 20 to twin LRM 5 packs and it's PPC was replaced with another AC 10 and adding another ton of Ammo for it.

How ever it's Armor was down graded by 3 tons along with it using standard armor and losing much of it's Protection.

Though because it packs weapons that can reach all Ranges it can always reach out and tuch the enemy and can also defend it's self well against Unarmored ground units.

This tank had seen many Battles where it was the attacker or the defender taking on many BattleMechs or other Tanks.
"There are two Main enemys of a Merc.
Heat & the most deadly of Foes our Financing".

(Drawing done by LawGiver)

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is Finished When he quits"-President R. M. Nixon
Nightward
09/18/04 08:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The real problem on this vehicle is the armouring. Although it is one of the rare vehicles that can match 'Mech weapons packages for its weight, it is hideously underprotected. Even two hits from 'Mech weapons will probably bring it down.

I'd suggest it either load a single A/C-10 or swap down to dual A/C-5s. This will free up between eight and twelve tons which can be traded for more armour.

Also, there already is a MechBuster- a conventional aircraft armed with an A/C-20. Sort of like the BT version of the A-10 Warthog...

That aside, try running your post through MS Word to clean up the grammar. Nit-picky, I know, but the devil is in the detail
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
09/18/04 09:48 AM

First comment: I like seeing the dual Star League/Succession Wars posts. It's an interesting approach. The Star League model can live up to its name as a "mechbuster." LRM 20, AC/10, and PPC...good combo.

Quote:

The real problem on this vehicle is the armouring. Although it is one of the rare vehicles that can match 'Mech weapons packages for its weight, it is hideously underprotected. Even two hits from 'Mech weapons will probably bring it down.

Yeah, compromises did show up in the "dumbed down" Succession Wars version, didn't they? You'd have to give up a lot of the vehicle's original style to get an effectively protected, ICE model. Tough call. Twin AC/5s would keep the original "twin main gun" look, while just ditching the PPC and having a single AC/10 would help with the weight problem.

Quote:

Also, there already is a MechBuster- a conventional aircraft armed with an A/C-20. Sort of like the BT version of the A-10 Warthog...

Ah, well, now. An interesting thing: following the fluff of this vehicle and the fighter, this vehicle was first. The Kuritans introduced the Mechbuster fighter during the Succession Wars to free their dwindling aerospace fighter ranks from ground support duties. This tank was introduced in the 2500s, so it has "first dibs" on the name. The Kuritans clearly aren't mindful of their history.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Silenced_Sonix
10/03/04 11:08 AM

Call me ignorant, but I fail to see the use of this vehicle.

Based on the tank's speed, you would think to use it as a mobile bunker - but you cannot, because it has insufficient armour. Long-ranged sniping (with only two LRM5's) will be ineffectual at best, and any counter-battery fire comings its way will have little difficultty taking it apart. Urban warfare, where its heavier armament might be useful, will still be hazardous, as something with jumpjets could easily get behind it and take that fragile rear armour apart in no time. This is what they call a FF - Free Frag.
Evolve or Die
Omega
10/04/04 02:01 PM

So I forgot the 'A' for FFA
and didn't you read CRays Reply at all?
the LRM 5 is on the Post SL Tank.

and Silenced_Sonix this is just one of two tanks
"There are two Main enemys of a Merc.
Heat & the most deadly of Foes our Financing".

(Drawing done by LawGiver)

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is Finished When he quits"-President R. M. Nixon
Silenced_Sonix
10/04/04 03:00 PM

Ah. Well. I maintain my opinion - based on the design who's specifications you posted, the tank remains a FF (in terms of the proper type of games we play around here).

Cray, read your thing on the Minuteman MilitiaMech - absolutely loved it. Keep up the good stuff.
Evolve or Die
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5276

Contact Admins Sarna.net