Mechassult 2?

Pages: 1
JaguarDragoon
09/24/04 09:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone know how Mechassult 2 will be like, if its going to be good or a disappointment?
coldwave
09/30/04 08:39 PM

Not on PC, must play Clan-Tech or bust, health Pic-ups, more non-canon mechs added, etc... thus Major Dissapoint

- Tanaka
Sesshomeru
12/28/04 05:31 PM

I read some really good reviews on gamesoy and Gamepro and it looks good. Too bad its only for X-Box though,if it was for PC too I'd buy it.Plus you can get out your mech and jack other mechs so that sounds awesome.Also you can be in Battle Armor(Elemental) and Drive Tanks.
With each kill I grow wiser and with that knowledge I grow stronger.
-Artemis Entreri
Seo
12/28/04 05:54 PM

For a battletech player I find it's even further departed from it's source and more of an unbalanced arcade shooter. I could stand it if it had balanced gameplay, but all you have to do in it is get the biggest Clan Mech you can and you win as all that matters is firepower and size in the game.
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

For a nice cash bonus in new empires use the promo code "Seo is God"
Silenced_Sonix
01/02/05 07:17 PM

Why do they not make a BattleMech simulator, sort of like those driving simulators found in arcades? You could have all of the basic controls - pedals, joystick(s), etc. - and then bang it out in some pre-recorded scenario, or multi-player to other simulators. Sounds like fun to me...
Evolve or Die
Toontje
01/03/05 05:44 PM

There were (are?) some around the world, IIRC from virtual world entertainment or so. But from ~10 years ago, so they might be abit out of date by current day standards.
Rather to blow up, then.
Sesshomeru
01/05/05 06:39 PM

Microsoft should make some up-to-date ones,I'll bet if they don't price it too high they'd be raking in the money.I mean most BT players would kill just to get 2 hours on a mech driving simulater,with all the controls listed above.And they should have missions like in the mechwarrior games.And since your not using your home computer and the simulater probably has tons of memory they can make it like were you can choose wich clan,house,periphery state, or merc unit you join(or create merc unit).And all the missions would take place with that clans,houses,etc... battles and it should be based in the time WOB started attacking the IS.It would take place in WOB time cause MW 4 Mercs ended with something about WOB(I think thats what it ended with but thats debateable)and this could be the next BattleTech game.
-Artemis Entreri
Sesshomeru
01/05/05 06:46 PM

And oh yea Microsoft would almost definetly overprice it cause they're gay that way.

"Damn you Bill gates you have billions of dollars,your own private island,and alot more shit.Isnt that enough for you,you greedy bastard."
-Artemis Entreri
Seo
01/05/05 08:45 PM

I don't think they'd bother making one Sess. It would be a big investment and considering the cost of the thing and the decline of arcades a risky one.
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

For a nice cash bonus in new empires use the promo code "Seo is God"
wartang
01/06/05 12:31 PM

I've gotten to play it. and it is a fun game. but as a warning the VTOL will make you sick to your stomache when you first start out, it is extremely mobile only armed with an srm2 but if you can master it you will be feared
i love this game
Sesshomeru
01/06/05 01:55 PM

I know but I just had an idea and couldn't find any paper so I posted it here.
I still think it would be awesome though.I mean imagine all of that,even if it'll never exist, I can still dream
-Artemis Entreri
Silenced_Sonix
01/07/05 05:36 PM

Well, I live in the southern part of No-Where Land (South Africa), so there is not even the remotest of chance that anything like that could ever reach us. But yes, we can always dream... *blissful smile*
Evolve or Die
wargolem
01/18/05 02:58 AM

mechjacking is AWESOME heh.... the game starts with you being a wolf's dragoon mechwarrior and you are with natasha kerensky comming back from a mission. Your mech tech has came up with a variant of an elemental suit, which by the way are in the game also. if you use your jump jets and jump on to and latch on an enemy mech it brings up a sequence of buttons to push... if you get them all right and the mechwarrior gets one or more wrong it ejects the mechwarrior and you can de suit and get into the mech ...... ties go to the mech though so try to jump on them when they are in a firefight heh
Sesshomeru
01/26/05 07:07 PM

I'll bet it is, and because of that I will hate you for all eternity.You suck because you have an X-Box and I don't,actually you know what everybody who has an X-Box sucks.YOU ALL SUCK you here me you all suck,I hate you.You make me want to cry because I'll never know the joy of being an elemental and jacking mechs....Leave me alone I'm gonna go to my corner and cry now.
-Artemis Entreri
Lone_Wolf_Radick
02/06/05 09:22 AM

Overall- BIG disappointment... those funds should have gone into making a MW5 or a MC3 or even a Bt based MMORPG, god help me... MS is now just taking and abusing the license to guarantee a few more sales of the X-box, without making a solid game backed by a solid story... And why not? It's not like there's a lack of storyline to draw from, nor a lack of units or gameplay modes or even effects engines to drive the whole thing... They're turning the way that Star Wars and Star Trek licensees are heading- Just putting the logo and some pictures depicting the license on the cover will automatically guarantee sales and profit, and think of all they saved in advertising, fact checking and actual programming! It's sickening really... Oh well, I digress... if you enjoy the game, whoever you are, then good on you, I'm not here to rail on you or the game itself, flawed though it may be...

-Wolf
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
Sedriss
03/22/05 11:26 AM

Yea it got a whole lotta hype before it came out but afterwards i never even heard anything about it. A real dissapointment really. I expected so much more from what the reviews said.
~§edriss~
Highlander3055
03/27/05 07:19 PM

I liked it. I thought it was better than one. Wish there were some new mechs (Highlander, Cyclops, maybe a Maurader), but not bad.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8931

Contact Admins Sarna.net