odd questions

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Karagin
11/23/23 02:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The field techs are working with things already made and tested, while the factory tech has to test everything from the ground up and get approval to do things.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
11/23/23 09:35 PM

Wouldn't that be true about field techs making a unit from the ground up as well? Research is supposed to be slow, yet within a decade or less, most of the fluff for some units are built and being produced.
Also, a field tech would have to test everything that they worked on, to make sure it works. I understand that this is not always something that can be done, as conditions in the field change, such as a raid on the base would require activation of partially repaired units.

Granted. A field unit would have more premade parts, and just assembling them, more then having to make them from molten metal and molding plastics, but the field techs still know more about the full unit then the factory workers. Most fix almost anything on a unit, not just put the parts into a unit. Specialization does happen in field techs, but over all, most have to be able to repair engine damage, as well as reprogram the computers, on top of welding the internal structure.

As I stated before, it may just be the video games slanting my view of this.
Karagin
11/24/23 01:05 AM

I would forget all the video lore since it doesn't tie to the actual game very well.

Field techs know that the components work; they work with items from the factory. Again, the techs back at the R&D site are trying to get a mech built to spec, which means ALL has to be tested repeatedly. Field techs just need to get it to work.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5834

Contact Admins Sarna.net