Was Tukayyid really a victory?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
ghostrider
06/16/19 12:53 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I believe a Khan could allow a new blood name as a reward for service, though so far, only clan wolf seemed to even think of it. I want to say Jamie was told Wolf would become a blood named if the expedition to the IS was as success.

And I was wrong on the blood name numbers. Been a while since I looked into that again. I want to say there was only 20, as 800 was the prime number, but 25 may have been it.
Wick
06/18/19 09:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Kerlin Ward promised an *honorname* to Jaime Wolf, not a bloodname. This is just like the honornames given to lead scientists like Pasteur and Crick and aren't generally respected outside of the Clan that granted them. I'm fairly certain Kell is the only bloodname created since Nicholas (and probably also not respected outside of the Exiled Wolves.)

20 original clans X 40 warriors per clan = 800 initial warriors.

Each of those 800 warriors would have been granted 25 bloodheritages to be fought over by their genetic children (and possibly any freeborn children during the first generation.) 25 selected as its 5 times 5, making it a special number in Clan mathematics. So in theory Nicholas had estimated 20,000 bloodnamed warriors would be needed to lead his Clans, and if every Star Commander had a bloodname, this would translate to somewhere between 100,000 and 250,000 warriors, depending on composition. Its convenient that when the growth of the Clan toumans started approaching the low point of this number in the late 2900s, that's when the Great Debate started heating up, forming a strong arguing point for the Crusader cause by linking a return to the Inner Sphere to the military size the Great Founder had predicted.

Of course, by the Clan Invasion era, there's not 20,000 bloodnamed Warriors but closer to 10,000 bloodnamed warriors due to Reaving. With the known count of about 102,000 warriors, it means roughly one in 10 is bloodnamed. For game concerns, this can pretty much be simplified to assume most every Star Commander or higher ranked in a front-line unit is Bloodnamed, most initial Warrior rank front-line warriors are not, and few in the second-lines are outside of maybe the Galaxy Commanders or Star Colonels, and the Star Captains and Commanders in solahma clusters, if trueborn of course.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12855

Contact Admins Sarna.net