Third Star League

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Pht
08/11/22 12:33 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:
Question – how can two clans form a Star League? As does this mean that the FC could have formed a rump star league also?

Question – given all the evidence as to what the first star league represented – books, videos etc – How can the Clans even say, with a straight face, that they are forming a Star League (as per first) when it is clear they have absolutely no idea what the Star League is?

Question – does this mean the Clans will undergo a reformation to what they should be ie. SLDF?

Question – What are TPTB thinking in going down this path – do they even understand who and what the Clans truly represent - as this is setting the game up for another Jihad!

All I can say is that I am thankful for creating my own Alt. as this history has completely gone off the rails (in my opinion).

Um I don't think the clans care if they are forming a star league the same as the first one.

It seems to function as a legend for them, and if what I've read in the novels is true, or even mostly true, I don't think the rank and file or even the warriors are *able* to know how distorted their history is.

I would be very interested to see if there is any canon answer to the question of how historically informed the average clanner is about true history. The clans are very conformist.
ghostrider
08/11/22 01:08 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
There is canon information that does say how the average clansman feels about the SL, and having the clans make it live again.
Most crusaders want to go in and remove the house realms and rebuild the SL in their ways.
Most wardens believe the clans were to remain removed from the IS to protect it. From what, we haven't heard. They too, want a new SL, and would like it in their image, but destroying the IS to do it isn't the way.

The clans lore has most thinking all the worlds in the IS are paradises, and that those living there are barbarians. You probably already know this from the books.
Depending on how long you have been with the game, the older books tell the story. Not sure how much was changed in the newer books.

I believe you know the trueborn/freeborn issues as well.
Until the clan caste system is returned back to the way of all castes having an equal say, a new SL is not going to be the glory filled time they are told it will be. It will just be the same thing they have now, only in the IS. The warriors will dictate what is to be done, and the rest do it. The concept of being able to lawfully and without being killed to screw off, will come as a shock and cause a lot of problems with them. The tight grip the warriors have, seems to have continued into the future 100 years, but this is a time frame I don't have information on.
Understand that what Requiem presents is his vision of how the game should be. So if you want the real story, go to canon sources.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 30911

Contact Admins Sarna.net