Ammo

Pages: 1
lonewolf0409
05/16/24 10:47 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Will FWL (Inner Sphere) speciality ammo like Swarm-i work in Clan LRM launchers or only work in Inner Sphere launchers?
Karagin
05/17/24 01:08 AM

Clan ammo only works in Clan weapons and IS ammo only works in Inner Sphere weapons.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
05/17/24 01:09 AM

My poorly behind the times understanding is, unless a munition is specific to a unit, like the precision ac ammo has to be regular (non lbx/ultra) then it should work in IS and Clan units.
I assume this is to prevent having a huge inventory count, as things like Clan lrms have no range, yet It isn't restricted to Clan ammo. Same with IS lbx/ultra cannon ammo can be used without any issues in clan cannons. This is odd, as the ranges are different for Clan/IS for each.

If I recall, the I series items is Comstar/WOB, so this might be different. So what I have said may well be void for that.
I would assume it would depend on how long between the Clans have to research the items before they could use it. It seems the clans have the ability to copy and upgrade any unique IS tech quickly.

Reading the information on the wiki, I would not think the clans would use swarm missiles at all. I know they changed since their first invasion, but they wouldn't be risking hitting their own units, unless really upset with an enemy. They pride themselves in being superior warriors, and after the battle, they might have to deal with trials of grievence from other warriors that they might have hit with the swarms. Given ECM messing with the ammo's tracking, the risk might outweigh the benefits.
But again, they changed the clans since the beginning, so this might be out of date.

Edited by ghostrider (05/17/24 01:16 AM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 134 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 732

Contact Admins Sarna.net