- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Also known as||"Mad Dog"|
"Mad Dog" MacNaughton was the pilot of "Master Blaster", the first prototype of the BMB-010 Bombard developed by Solaris Arms in 3054. MacNaughton was able to take his first few opponents by surprise, his opponents unprepared for such a light 'Mech to carry two mammoth autocannons, raising considerable interest in the design. Catching the attention of a top promoter, "Mad Dog" MacNaughton fought a number of duels over the next few years until his promoter booked a match against Clan Invasion veteran Roman Welles in the Davion Arena. 
Though Welles was piloting a much lighter Wolfhound, he was ready and able to adapt for Bombard's barrage and take advantage of its pathetic mobility, handing "Mad Dog" a humiliating defeat. The reputation and futures of both MacNaughton and the Bombard were shattered by this loss and as a result of it no stable or cooperative on Solaris would hire him and the mech.  
- 1992 Update Flyer, p. 5, "Solaris 7 Mechs"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 150 "Solaris VII BattleMechs - BMB-013 Bombard"