101st Pesht Guard
|101st Pesht Guard Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Sixth Pesht Regulars|
The 101st Pesht Guard Regiment was an Infantry based combat unit in service of the Draconis Combine's Armed Forces. The command was made up principally of conventional infantry which was augmented by some airborne combat vehicles and conventional aircraft formations.
The unit had been attached to the Sixth Pesht Regulars not long prior to the Clan Invasion. They developed close working ties with the Regulars' Third company, regardless of growing friction between 3rd company and the rest of the regiment. Later in history, when the 'Mech Regiment been divided by reassigning of the Regulars' 2nd company on Land's End, the Guards would be left on Qandahar with the 3rd company and the rest of the regiment.
As with their parent unit, the 101st Guards had no active role in the early Jihad and would remain stranded on Qandahar. Later they were transferred to Kaznejoy as an deterrent against raids by Davion troops from the Draconis March. In 3076, not long before Operation SCOUR the regiment could take part in clashes with the Lyran 7th Donegal Guards on Lyons.. After that incident, the Sixth Regulars were sent back to Pesht..
|Commanding Officers of the 101st Pesht|
|Tai-sa||Jacob Zedong||3059 - 3067|
Guard duty and deep mobile strikes.
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Jacob Zedong
101st Pesht Guard (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jacob Zedong
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 71, "Sixth Pest Regulars - 101st Pesht Guard"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 109, "Pesht Regulars - 6th Pesht Regulars"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 135, "Organization And Equipment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 119, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Table"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Cracks In The Facade"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 11, "Pesht Regulars - Regimental Status"