103rd Division (ComStar)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|103rd ComGuard Division IV-nu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Truth in Communication (3050)|
Kimmery's Raiders (3062)
|Parent Formation||1st Army|
|Formed||Early thirty-first century|
The 103rd Division is an old ComStar military formation, assigned to the Com Guards 1st Army, most notable for its valiant efforts against Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, Operation Bulldog and during the Word of Blake Jihad.
Early Unit History
Its formation date is unclear, however it was origionally built from as part of a garrison force for ComStar's HPG stations. The unit had come to be stationed in the Draconis Combine by 3050, garrisoning Dieron.
The unit not seen any significant action since the Clans had invaded the Inner Sphere until Precentor Martial negotiated a Trial of Possession for Terra. The unit was deployed with rest of ComStar's army in the fighting on Tukayyid.
As their part of the Battle of Tukayyid in May 3052, 103rd's parent command, 1st Army, was given shared responsibility of protecting the cities of Spanac and Luk. It fell to veterans of the 103rd to garrison Spanac, while the rest of the division moved to engage their opponents, Clan Ghost Bear. Nearby, Luk was garrisoned by 4th Army, whom disagree with sending green troops to attack elite warriors of the Bear's Alpha Galaxy. 1st Army's commander, Precentor Katherine Luarca, sent her troops in a series of hit-and-run attacks. 1st Army's fighting result in mix results, causing the 103rd's sister unit, 91st Division to fall back to the city and help bulk up 103rd's defenses. Following the 91st Division, the Bear's Alpha Galaxy overtook Spanac's suburbs that surrounded the city and laid siege to it. Unfortunately, the 91st Division failed to firm up their positions and found themselves overrun by the Bears, who then took Com Star's supplies. The 103rd was ordered to abandon the city, keeping them a viable unit. The 103rd Division attacked Alpha Galaxy's main supply depot, lead by their 1st Army commander Precentor Luarca and surviving elements of the 308th Division. This attacked kept Luk's remaining 4th Army's divisions from breaking under onslaught of Alpha Galaxy's attacks. 103rd and its fellow divisions efforts defending the cities were not enough to prevent Ghost Bears from achieving a partial victory.
The 103rd and its surviving Division mates were deployed against the Clan Jade Falcon forces. Where they were dispatched to the city of Olalla. They and the remnants of 1st Army fought Jade Falcons forces to withdraw from the city. Being freed of responsibility of fighting the Ghost Bears, allowed for Com Guards to turn around the campaign against the Falcons.
After ComStar Schism
The unit remained intact despite the mass-defection of the ComStar Schism. It skills slipped to Regular and unit was reassigned to the Combine world of Dover. The unit nickname was changed to be named after its long-standing commanding officer, Demi-Precentor Kimmelry.
The 103rd didn't participate in Operation Bulldog.
The 103rd reinforced the 79th Division and the 1st Skye Jaegers on Galatea, driving the Word of Blake's 11th Division off-world after a slow and grinding campaign. In 3074 they and the rest of ComStar's First Army arrived on Hesperus II to fight the Word of Blake's 38th Division. It took several weeks, but the 103rd was able to drive the Thirty-eighth Division out of the Defiance Industries complex.
|Commanding Officers of the 103rd Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor||Styven Kimmelry||3049 - 3075|
103rd Division (Division/Veteran)
- CO: Precentor VI Styven Kimmelry 
- Note: At this point in time the 103rd Divsion was stationed on Dieron.
103rd Division (Division/Regular)
- CO: Demi-Precentor Styven Kimmelry
- Note: At this point in time the 103rd Divsion was stationed on Dover.
- 103rd Division (Kimmery's Raiders IV-nu) - CO: Precentor XIV Styven Kimmelry
- The Saviors of Spanac III-mu - CO: Demi-Precentor X Brian Moore
- Styven's Marauders III-nu - CO: Demi-Precentor X William Plath
- The Linebreakers III-xi - CO: Demi-Precentor V Chang Shim
- Sounds of Fury III-nu - CO: Demi-Precentor IV Elvira Vere
- Bearskinners III-omicron - CO: Demi-Precentor VII Ashfaq Ahmed
- Glory Hounds III-lambda - CO: Demi-Precentor III Anthony Dolan
- 103rd Division (Kimmery's Raiders IV-nu) - CO: Precentor XIX Styven Kimmelry 
- Unit Stationed on Dover, Regular Skilled Tech Rating: 5/75/10(A)
- The unit's insignia is crossed swords over a ComStar emblem.
- Like all divisions of the First Army, the 103rd used a mixture of classic Star League and DCMS equipment.
- 20-Year Update, p. 70
- Tukayyid p. 48, 56 - Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear - 103rd Division's actions during ComGuard fight with Ghost Bears on Tukayyid.
- Tukayyid p. 58 - Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon - 103rd and 1st Army's actions reinforcing 11th and 3rd Armies against Clan Jade Falcon.
- ComStar Sourcebook, p. 84
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 47
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II, p. 8
- Field Manual: Comstar p. 21 - Unit Profile
- Field Manual: Updates p. 98 - Unit status and location as of 3067.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 63 "The Coalition Rises - Galatea Secured"