10th Atrean Dragoons
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Tenth Atrean Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Atrean Dragoons|
The Tenth Atrean Dragoons were originally a part of the armed forces of the Marik Commonwealth, with the brigade being founded during the early days of the Free Worlds League. The Atrean Dragoons would continue to serve as the provincial forces of the Marik Commonwealth until the League had expanded to the point that the forces of the Free Worlds Guards were insufficient to garrison the League's borders; when that point was reached, the League Parliament applied pressure to the Marik Commonwealth to loan a portion of the Dragoons to the League to for the purposes of federal defense.
Age of War
The relationship between the Atrean Dragoons and the Free Worlds League Military was formalized in 2528, when Captain-General Albert Marik made the loan permanent in response to the eruption of the Second Andurien War between the Free Worlds League and the Capellan Confederation. Albert Marik attached a single stipulation to the formal transfer; the Tenth and the other regiments of the Dragoons were required to honor their roots in the Marik Commonwealth by continuing the tradition of recruiting graduates from the military academies on Atreus.
The Star League
While the Tenth remained federal troops the entire brigade was loyal to the office of the Captain-General, allowing whichever member of House Marik was holding the office at the time to employ the Dragoons for his or her own purposes. These purposes - officially all undertaken in the interest of federal security, but often either of a federal or personal nature - included those that might have caused other federal units to hesitate, and with the increased tension between the Free Worlds League and the Star League following the Marik Civil War Captain-General Ewan Marik wasn't above using the Dragoons as a martial extension of his belligerent and antagonistic policies towards the Lyran Commonwealth. Ewan Marik's son, Captain-General Kenyon Marik, continued to use the Atrean Dragoons to make life difficult for Star League Defense Force garrisons in the Free Worlds League.
The Tenth was rather more relaxed about recruiting solely from Atrean graduates, and by 2750 the regiment was staffed by a diverse mix of personnel who originated from locations across the Marik Commonwealth and Duchy of Oriente. Equipped with a substantial amount of equipment manufactured by other Houses, the Tenth was the perfect unit to use for raids against other Houses during the Hidden Wars as its makeup made it highly deniable. The FWLM made full use of this deniability - one particularly successful example of a deniable raid was the strike launched at Bergan Industries in 2747, deep in the Capellan Confederation. The raiding force from the Tenth deployed using equipment associated with the Federated Suns, and as a result the enraged Capellans launched a retaliatory raid against the Federated Suns even as the Tenth's raiding party was returning home and unloading a substantial quantity of spare parts for their Capellan 'Mechs and vehicles.
|Commanding Officers of the 10th Atrean Dragoons|
The Tenth was unusual for an Atrean Dragoons regiment - or even a Free Worlds League Military regiment - in that by the height of the Star League era the Tenth had specialized in the use of foreign-built BattleMechs and vehicles. The Tenth's equipment was often painted in the House colors of the foreign nation it originated in, most commonly for training purposes, and it wasn't uncommon to find units from opposing factions side-by-side within the Tenth.
Tenth Atrean Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
2786 - 2821
10th Atrean Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Holt. In 2821 the command was reduced to 42 of its strength and was deployed at Second Chance. 
10th Atrean Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Second Chance with an operational readiness of 66 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- When using Random Assignment Tables (RATs) to determine the composition of a force from the Tenth Atrean Dragoons the player controlling the Tenth may choose to roll up to half of his or her units from the RAT associated with another Great House. No more than half of the Tenth's units may be rolled against the RAT for the other Great House. When rolling for the remaining units using the Free Worlds League RAT all rolls of "2" or "12" must be re-rolled.
- Era Report 2750 p. 48, "Tenth Atrean Dragoons"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Atrean Dragoons"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 98
- Era Report: 2750, p. 141, "Tenth Atrean Dragoons"