10th Avalon Hussars
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Tenth Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
Age of War
The Tenth Avalon Hussars was one of the fourteen active regiments on the rolls of the Avalon Hussars brigade when the end of the Age of War was marked by the creation of the Star League and the formation of the Star League Defense Force. In common with the other regiments of the Hussars, the Tenth traced its roots back to the Terran Marines of the Terran Alliance, and those ties were strong enough that the Tenth was one of six regiments to join the SLDF when it formed. The brigade was proud enough of this that it listed the six regiments - the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Fifteenth and Eighteenth Hussars - as simply being on detached duty, and it would be more than half a millennium before new units would be created with the designation of any of these regiments.
The Dark Age
The Tenth were evidently reactivated at some point after the end of the Jihad and fought both mercenaries and DCMS regular troops in the Draconis Reach from 3126 to 3138, at which point they were withdrawn to Robinson.  
When the Draconis Combine launched a full-scale offensive in 3139 to conquer the Reach, the Tenth's Second Battalion complacently awaited the invaders on Misery. Lured into an ambush in the Hamar Valley, the battalion suffered heavy damage at the hands of the Ryuken-go and Wolf's Dragoons, with the survivors surrendering.  By 3145 The Tenth had either been destroyed or deactivated once more.
|Commanding Officers of the 10th Avalon Hussars|
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 57, "Avalon Hussars"
- Redemption Rift, Interlude between Chapters 7 and 8
- Redemption Rift, Chapter 8
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 6, "Oni Battle Armor"
- Redemption Rift, Chapters 8 to 11
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 74, "Avalon Hussars"