10th Phalanx (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Tenth Phalanx Cluster|
|Affiliation|| Rasalhague Dominion|
Clan Ghost Bear (previous)
|Parent Command||Theta Galaxy|
Stationed on Krenice with the Seventh Bear Regulars as a part of Sigma Galaxy in 3061, assisting Sigma's then only BattleMech Cluster guard one of the more important worlds on the Ghost Bear Dominion-Draconis Combine border despite the Seventh's disdain for the "mere" armored-vehicle unit's help.   By 3067, the Tenth had rotated to Setubal.
Morale within Sigma Galaxy plummeted during the Jihad, as the Seventh Bear Regulars were reassigned to Omicron Galaxy to join the campaign against the Word of Blake but the remainder of the Galaxy - including the Tenth - were consigned to garrison duty within the Ghost Bear Dominion. The drop in morale quickly changed once the Second Freemen and 1st Kavalleri regiments - both former Free Rasalhague Republic regiments - rebelled in October 3076 against the Trials of Position mandated by the Ghost Bears after the incorporation of the Free Rasalhague Republic into the Ghost Bear Dominion. Sigma Galaxy were positioned to contain the rogue units, working alongside Tau Galaxy until Rasalhague Galaxy could return to Dominion space to lead efforts to put down the mutiny without creating a public relations catastrophe.
The Dark Age
The Ghost Bear's Theta Galaxy had taken substantial damage during the Jihad, and the Dominion Council decided to disband a number of second-line Galaxies to assist in rebuilding various elements of the touman. Sigma Galaxy was one of the Galaxies chosen to be disbanded, with three complete Clusters - including the Tenth - transferring into Theta Galaxy.
The Tenth was stationed on Goito when a pirate band backed by the Word of Blake launched a raid in an attempt to capture Clan technology. The pirates struck at the Dominion's Kappa-4 facility in 3080, only discovering that they were a diversion when Blakist insurgents detonated a nuclear device that destroyed the bulk of the pirates, elements of the Tenth and the manufacturing facility. as a part of the Bloody Tricentennial attacks. The Ghost Bear Watch spent the following month hunting down all of the surviving insurgents.
|Commanding Officers of the 10th Phalanx (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Aleksandr of House Jorgensson||3061|
|Galaxy Commander||Aleksandr Jorgensson||3067|
|Commanding Officers of the 10th Phalanx (Rasalhague Dominion)|
The Tenth's CO possess unsurpassed knowledge of tank warfare tactic, Aleksandr assembling a corps of highly loyal and exceedingly skilled commanders, the Cluster's all vehicle nature causing opponents to dangerously underestimate them as well. Alekxandr's preferred tactic was for using his own tanks to pin down an enemy while his unit's more mobile units circle around to flank them.
- - At this point Tenth consisted purely of combat vehicles with no 'Mech, fighter or infantry assets.
Tenth Phalanx (Elite Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Tenth were stationed on Setubal and were at three-quarters of full strength. Four-fifths of the Cluster were equipped with Clan technology, while the remainder were using Star League-era equipment. One fifth of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
Tenth Phalanx (Elite/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Tenth were stationed on Casere and were at three-fifths of full strength, with roughly a twelfth of the Cluster fielding OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- In common with every other unit in the Clan Ghost Bear touman at this point in time, units from the Tenth receive a +1 modifier to any dice roll on Random Weight-Class tables to determine Star or Binary/Trinary type.
- The Tenth Phalanx consists entirely of conventional vehicles.
- Forces from the Tenth may use the Off-Map Movement special ability.
- Forces from the Tenth may use the Force the Initiative special ability.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 99 "Clan Ghost Bear - Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Tau Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 120, "Theta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Theta Galaxy"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 113, "Clan Industry"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Deployment Table - Warden Clans"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Clan Ghost Bear"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 182, "Tai Galaxy"