118th Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|118th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XXX Corps Army|
The 118th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXX Corps Army, Twelfth, to District 2 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 118th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, but the division's ultimate fate remains unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the 118th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Trevor Chan||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 144, "Twelfth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 151 "118th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133