11th Army (Star League)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
Deployed along the Lyran Commonwealth/Terran Hegemony border, the 11th Army didn't face a great deal of conflict. The small borders shared with the Commonwealth's neighbors (Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League) combined with its location far away from the Periphery, meant that the 11th didn't see much combat. As a result this army was used for units that needed training or to recover from heavy combat. The 11th shared a headquarters with Army Group Steiner, insuring that information needed by the SLDF was available in one place. The 11th was also tasked with providing support for the 12th and 13th Armies in the event they would be called up to the Periphery border.
The 11th Army became responsible for the entire of the Commonwealth when the 12th and 13th Armies were deployed into the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 11th Army was already oddly structured for an SLDF Army, being officially constructed along the Standard Defensive Army model but with twice as many Independent Regiments as called for in the model; the structure of the 11th changed even further when twenty-nine Regiments from the 1st Army were redeployed to augment the 11th as its area of operations grew with the departure of the 12th and 13th.
|Commanding Officers of the 11th Army (Star League)|
Different per Unit.
Corps of the 11th Army
- The Star League, p. 141,"Eleventh Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 137
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 44, "Eleventh Army"