11th Army Group (Star League)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Eleventh Army Group|
|Nickname||Task Force Taurus|
|Parent Command||Star League Defense Force (2765)|
The Eleventh Army Group - originally known as Task Force Taurus - was the Star League Defense Force Army Group formed to command the invasion of the Taurian Concordat during the Periphery Uprising
Star League Era
In common with the other SLDF Army Groups, the Eleventh Army Group was commanded by a General who answered only to the SLDF High Command and the First Lord of the Star League. In 2765 four additional armies were deployed from the Star League Inner Sphere military regions they were based in to the Periphery to support the Nineteenth Army, which was under siege in the Concordat. The Eleventh Army Group was formed to take overall command of all five armies operating in the Taurian Concordat as Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky launched a campaign that saw the Nineteenth Army push out from their bases within the Concordat while the other Armies assigned to the Eleventh Army Group performed a multi-pronged assault into the Concordat from the borders of the Capellan Confederation and Federated Suns.
The Eleventh Army Group is not recorded as having taken an active part in Operation CHIEFTAIN; at least three Army Groups were active during CHIEFTAIN but serving as training commands and not listed on the order of battle (the Sixteenth, Eighteenth and Twenty-third Army Groups) and it is unclear whether the Eleventh was still active during the campaign to free the Terran Hegemony, or if it had been disbanded as an organisation after the campaign against the Concordat ended.
At its peak, the Eleventh Army Group numbered 100 divisions and 43 independent regiments - a total of 433 BattleMech regiments and 510 conventional regiments. During the course of the Periphery Uprising the losses taken by the Eleventh amounted to 34 divisions and 14 independent regiments, with 11 divisions taking sufficient damage during the conflict to see them disbanded, for a total of 419 regiments.
Eleventh Army Group (30 BattleMech Divisions, 70 Infantry Divisions, 43 independent regiments)
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 37, "Military Regions and Army Groups"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 36, "Ad-hoc Units"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 94, "Military Regions and Army Groups"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 120-121, "Operation CHIEFTAIN Star League Defense Forces Order of Battle"