11th Fleet (SLDF)
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Eleventh Fleet was assigned to the Taurian Concordat prior to the New Vandenberg Uprising. While there they frequently acted as mail carriers for the SLDF as the Taurian Freedom Army would knock out Hyperpulse Generators in the Concordat. Though a vital service, the Eleventh Fleet's composition wasn't ideal for this duty and Admiral Manseur requested additional Pursuit and Reconnaissance Squadrons to compensate. To prepare his troops for action against the only major Periphery power with a significant navy, the Eleventh ran constant drills. Though this prepared them for action, the Inspector-General's office reported that it also reduced their ability to fight another fleet.
The fleet took damage during the initial stages of the Periphery Uprising; the most significant loss inflicted on the Eleventh was the loss of the Texas-class SLS Nebraska, flagship of Admiral Lewis Manseur, to a fuel ship which had been compromised by rebels from the Concordat. Fortunately, Admiral Manseur wasn't aboard the Nebraska at the time, and continued to command the Eleventh after transferring his flag to the Black Lion-class SLS Talitha Flyer, but the loss of the Nebraska was a psychological blow to the entire SLDF at the time. The Eleventh Fleet was lucky to avoid losing a second ship in the same incident; the SLS Cairo took heavy damage from debris generated during the destruction of the Nebraska, but managed to not only limp clear of the scene but also continue fighting.
The troublesome nature of the Taurian Concordat had led to the independent Nineteenth Fleet spending much of its time acting in support of the Eleventh Fleet; as the Uprising began, the Nineteenth deployed forward rapidly into the Concordat from their fleet bases within the Federated Suns, and their swift arrival may well have prevented the Eleventh from being broken by the Taurian attacks. As it was, the Eleventh and Nineteenth Fleets spent the remainder of the Periphery Uprising acting as a joint command.
|Commanding Officers of the 11th Fleet (SLDF)|
The Eleventh Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 111th Line Squadron (The Long Wall)
- CO: Vice Admiral Ester Townsend
- 112th Reconnaissance Squadron (The Rockhounds)
- CO: Vice Admiral Roger Willingham
- 113th Escort Squadron (Big Brother)
- CO: Vice Admiral Hiram Goldenfels
- 114th Pursuit Squadron (The Camadeierre Picketers)
- CO: Vice Admiral Kyra Hanson
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 47, "Eleventh Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 146
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Nineteenth Fleet"