11th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Jade Falcon Touman|
The Wars of Reaving
In 3071 the Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster was the garrison for the Bone-Norman system when Clan Ice Hellion launched an invasion of the Clan Jade Falcon Occupation Zone. The Ice Hellions targeted Bone-Norman for conquest, and the attack on the planet was assigned to the 200th Attack Cluster - also known as the Lithe Kill Keshik - commanded by the Ice Hellion saKhan, Connor Rood.
The Lithe Kill Keshik underestimated the resistance that the Eleventh would offer when attacked; operating under the command of Star Colonel Idris, the Eleventh knew that they wouldn't be able to defeat the 200th and would be heavily outnumbered. Nevertheless, the Falcons were determined to tie down Connor Rood's forces for as long as possible, in the hopes that this would cause a delay to the overall Ice Hellion timetable for their invasion of the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
Idris called for a Trial for control of Bone-Norman, and deliberately designated the entire of the Hapsburg continent as his Circle of Equals. This negated the Ice Hellion fast-strike tactics, by allowing the second-line Jade Falcon units to choose their own engagements, and to mount ambushes that didn't break zellbrigen, allowing them to draw the Trial out without forfeiting. For two weeks, the Jade Falcon forces led the 200th around Bone-Norman in a series of frustrating engagements until Rood decided that he had to expose himself to draw the Eleventh out. The result was a battle on the Red Stone Plains where each force attempted to spring a trap on the other; Rood instructed a subordinate to begin a general melee, a tactic that allowed him to bring in an additional Trinary of troops that hadn't been a part of his original bid, only for Idris to bring a formation of Erinyes ProtoMechs to augment his own forces. The ProtoMechs nearly killed Rood, breaking through his cockpit and burning him badly shortly before the Hellions were able to declare the Trial a victory for themselves. Connor Rood was very impressed by Idris' performance as a warrior, and made his capture a priority; Idris would become an Ice Hellion bondsman and warrior after the capture of Bone-Norman.
While the 200th did capture Bone-Norman, the world would remain an Ice Hellion holding for just a few weeks - the weak garrison force left behind after the 200th left were overwhelmed by the Falcon Guards.
|Commanding Officers of the Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Idris||3065 - 3071|
In mid-3071 half of the equipment used by the Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster was second-line equipment, and a Beak Star within the Third Trinary was equipped with Star League era equipment. Only three of the warriors within the Eleventh were Bloodnamed.
- The Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster isn't listed as a part of the Jade Falcon touman in Field Manual: Updates or Field Report: Clans, suggesting that the Cluster formed after 3067 and was either destroyed or disbanded as a result of the battle on Bone-Norman, or lost during the Jihad. In addition, no Star Colonel Idris is named in Field Manual: Updates as commanding any of the Jade Falcon Clusters, making it unlikely that the Eleventh is a typo for another Provisional Garrison Cluster.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 72-73, "Clan Jade Falcon"
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 7, "Bone-Norman"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Deployment Status"
- Operation ICE STORM - Part One: The Frost Advances, p. 8-29
- Operation ICE STORM - Part One: The Frost Advances, p. 15