12th Brigade (SLDF)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||4th Division|
The Twelfth Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of the 4th Division during the creation of the SLDF, the 12th Brigade was a part of II Corps during Operation UNION HOLD. The 12th Brigade served as a part of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force from the start of the operation in 2581, until the entire 4th Division was transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
The 12th was stationed on Conroe when the invasion of the Alliance began and was deployed forward to pacify the population of Niles in 2581, before taking part in the attack on Sevon in late 2581. The 12th Brigade and the other units of the 4th Division and the 6th Royal Division, would face the combined forces of the Pitcairn Legion and the Alliance 4th Armored Division, in what turned into a grueling month of combat that left the 6th Royal Division heavily damaged and the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force immensely frustrated.
After spending 2582 on Sevon, the 12th joined the rest of the 4th Division and the 5th Division in the SLDF attack and occupation of Cerberus, an action that became a grueling, drawn-out combat that took a heavy toll on both the attackers and defenders. The 11th would remain on Cerberus until its transfer to the Taurian front.
|Commanding Officers of the 12th Brigade (SLDF)|
- When randomly generating force experience, all 12th Brigade forces apply a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- All 12th Brigade units add a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- All 12th Brigade units may Force the Initiative.
- All 12th Brigade units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- All 12th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus on Availability Rolls for Advanced Components.
- All 12th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- All 12th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to determine the availability of supplies or replacement equipment.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 110-111, "Fait Accompli(shed)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 114-115, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"