12th Regulan Hussars
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|Twelfth Regulan Hussars|
|Parent Command||Regulan Hussars|
The Twelfth Regulan Hussars regiment was formed up from former troops who had fought as part of the military of the Word of Blake Protectorate, who had fled to the Principality of Regulus and thrown themselves on the mercy of Prince Titus Cameron-Jones. Despite Prince Titus' hatred of the Word of Blake, he accepted the defectors and incorporated them into the Regulan Hussars brigade.
The regiments that formed the Twelfth and Thirteenth Regulan Hussars had been the First and Second Sirian Lancers, and had fought ferociously in support of the Blakists, up to and in some cases including the Coalition assault on Terra. All three regiments of the Lancers claimed that they had fought only to secure the freedom and protection of the worlds of the Sirian Concordance, and after surrending to the Coalition they requested to be incorporated into what would become the Republic Armed Forces. Shocked to learn that not only had their applications been rejected, but that the interim administration intended to prosecute a number of Lancer officers as war criminals. It was at this point that they made hasty progress for the Principality of Regulus. The Twelfth wouldn't serve for long in the Hussars, being lost in action before the end of the Jihad; All three former Sirian Lancer regiments were deployed on the Regulan campaign in the former Circinus Federation, where they fought fanatically for the Regulan cause, but both the Twelfth and Thirteenth were both destroyed in action against the Blakists, leaving the Fourteenth Regulan Hussars as the last legacy of the Sirian Lancers brigade.
- Twelfth Regulan Hussars (Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- - At this point the Twelfth Regular Hussars were based on Aitutaki. The Hussars were operating at ninety percent of full strength, and all of their equipment incorporated upgraded technology.
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 9, "Principality of Regulus"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 75, "FWLM Commands Lost in the Jihad"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 87, "Fourteenth Regulan Hussars"