132nd Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|132nd Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Victory Through Perseverance|
|Parent Formation||XXIII Corps|
During its time in XXIII Corps, the 132nd suffered somewhat from feeling diminished by one of its counterpart divisions within the Corps, the Eighty-second Royal Jump Infantry, due to the long and distinguished pedigree the Eighty-second possessed. Despite this, assignment to the 132nd remained a highly-coveted position due to its statys as a Royal division, and constituted a highlight on the military service records of many who served within the division. After coming under the command of Major General Guillermo Ruiz, the soldiers of the 132nd were worked hard as he pushed them to generate a good reputation for the division. This had paid off by 2764, when the 132nd was assessed by the SLDF as being a veteran combat unit with a high level of proficiency.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXIII Corps within the Fifteenth Army, to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 132nd survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 132nd Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Guillermo Ruiz||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
Star League Era
- All infantry units within the 132nd gain 1 extra movement point that can be used during the movement phase. If this extra movement point is used, the unit is considered to have moved at "double time" pace, and suffers a -1 penalty to all combat rolls during the firing phase for that turn.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 183, "132nd Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 247, "132nd Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"