13th Atrean Dragoons
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Thirteenth Atrean Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Atrean Dragoons|
The Thirteenth Atrean Dragoons were originally a part of the armed forces of the Marik Commonwealth, with the brigade being founded during the early days of the Free Worlds League. The Atrean Dragoons would continue to serve as the provincial forces of the Marik Commonwealth until the League had expanded to the point that the forces of the Free Worlds Guards were insufficient to garrison the League's borders; when that point was reached, the League Parliament applied pressure to the Marik Commonwealth to loan a portion of the Dragoons to the League to for the purposes of federal defense.
Age of War
The relationship between the Atrean Dragoons and the Free Worlds League Military was formalized in 2528, when Captain-General Albert Marik made the loan permanent in response to the eruption of the Second Andurien War between the Free Worlds League and the Capellan Confederation. Albert Marik attached a single stipulation to the formal transfer; the Thirteenth and the other regiments of the Dragoons were required to honor their roots in the Marik Commonwealth by continuing the tradition of recruiting graduates from the military academies on Atreus.
The Star League
While the Thirteenth remained federal troops the entire brigade was loyal to the office of the Captain-General, allowing whichever member of House Marik was holding the office at the time to employ the Dragoons for his or her own purposes. These purposes - officially all undertaken in the interest of federal security, but often either of a federal or personal nature - included those that might have caused other federal units to hesitate, and with the increased tension between the Free Worlds League and the Star League following the Marik Civil War Captain-General Ewan Marik wasn't above using the Dragoons as a martial extension of his belligerent and antagonistic policies towards the Lyran Commonwealth. Ewan Marik's son, Captain-General Kenyon Marik, continued to use the Atrean Dragoons to make life difficult for Star League Defense Force garrisons in the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of the 13th Atrean Dragoons|
Thirteenth Atrean Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
2786 - 2821
13th Atrean Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Gibraltar. The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- Field Report 2765: FWLM,p.9
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Atrean Dragoons"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138