13th Phalanx (Clan Ghost Bear)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Thirteenth Phalanx Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Pi Galaxy|
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
Pi Galaxy remained a defensive formation during the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, but took damage defending the worlds of Jezersko, Porthos and Thule from hostile raids. Despite the rebuilding efforts of the other Clusters the Thirteenth Phalanx was the Cluster closest to full strength by 3067.
Although Pi Galaxy was a defensive formation, it was added to Alpha Wave during the Ghost Bear campaign against the Word of Blake in the Jihad. Alpha Wave was led by Alpha Galaxy and included Omega Galaxy as well as Pi; Pi acted in support of the other Galaxies and missed the campaign to liberate Kaus Borealis, but joined the second wave of attacks against Dyev.
After landing on Dyev during a wave of attacks against worlds in the Word of Blake Protectorate in July 3076, Pi Galaxy found itself facing a Blakist counteroffensive in December when a task force breached the blockade of Ghost Bear and Snow Raven ships in orbit and landed six Divisions of troops on the surface of Dyev. The Blakists landed around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk, before deploying outwards. Pi Galaxy fought alongside Kappa Galaxy against the 32nd Militia Division and the 2nd New Earth and 1st Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions; the Blakists used the fortifications built in previous years by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery to try and resist the Ghost Bear attack.
Pi Galaxy proved it's mettle on Dyev, with the Thirteenth's sister Cluster within Pi Galaxy, the Fifth Phalanx, proving particularly adept when dealing with the various fortifications on the planet. The Fifth proved successful enough that the Blakists finally launched attacks using Manei Domini specifically targeting the Fifth, leaving the Cluster decimated. History records that the 32nd Militia Division was subsequently destroyed on Dyev before the end of 3076.
In addition to joining the campaign for Dyev, Pi Galaxy won the honor of liberating the world of Asta. By this point, the Ghost Bears were acting as a part of Operation SCOUR, and as forces from the Draconis Combine led by Tai-shu Isoroku Kurita concentrated on securing the planetary capital, Excaliba, in the face of fierce resistance, before clearing the remainder of the Balerdo continent, Pi Galaxy concentrated on the Moolai continent.
It was from a prison camp on Asta that the noted warrior Andrew Redburn was liberated on the 18th of March 3077; Redburn had provoked a series of uprising in Blakist reeducation camps beginning in the port city of Logan and then spreading through other camps a week before the Coalition forces arrived. The prisoner uprising distracted the Blakist forces, speeding up the campaign to liberate the world.
The Dark Age
Pi Galaxy was one of a number of Galaxies to be disbanded by the Dominion Council after the Jihad as the Ghost Bear Dominion began the process of rebuilding it's forces. Elements of Pi Galaxy ended up in both Theta and Kappa Galaxies; the Thirteenth Phalanx was merged into the Fifty-fifth Provisional Garrison Cluster within Kappa Galaxy.
Kappa Galaxy was relocated to the Periphery border by the Dominion Council, where the newly-rebuilt Fifty-fifth proved itself to once again be adept at hunting down pirates. The merging of the personnel from the Thirteenth into Kappa Galaxy along with the incorporation of the Twenty-first Phalax wholesale gave Kappa a strong combined-arms element.
|Commanding Officers of the 13th Phalanx (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||David||3061 - 3067|
Thirteenth Phalanx (Regular/Reliable)
- - The Thirteenth was stationed on Santander V at this point in time and had rebuilt to just five percent below full strength; three-quarters of the Thirteenth were equipped with Clan technology, with the remainder of the Cluster using Star League era designs. Fifteen percent of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- - The Thirteenth was stationed on Polcenigo at this point in time and was below half-strength; just nine percent of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Pi Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 32, "Official Update 2"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 120, "Theta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121, "Kappa Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 182, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Pi Galaxy"