13th Stalking Horse
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|13th Stalking Horse|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Jeffrey "Fred" Morgan|
The 13th Stalking Horse were formed in 3064 from former Ceti Hussars members and later joined by soldiers from every other House. One of the founders had good connections to the Wolf's Dragoons and Jaime Wolf. The Dragoons' support was essential for the unit's build up. As a sign of gratitude for this help, the Stalking Horse joined the AMC together with the Wild Geese. The command battled against the Word of Blake and forces loyal to Katherine Steiner-Davion.
In 3069 the Stalking Horse's contract with the AFFC expired and they left the FedSun for Galatea to open new recruiting offices about to expand the AMC after the loss of the Wolf's Dragoons. It was on the 8th of December 3069 that the 13th struck at the Free Worlds League world of Talitha. The 13th took the fight to the WoB in 3071. On Spica they, together with the Wild Geese, faced furious defenders and retreated after sustaining heavy losses.
The 13th Stalking Horse were a part of a Regulan task force led by the Fourth Regulan Hussars and sent to attack Gibson in August 3073, where they were destroyed at the hands of the Forty-ninth and Fifty-second Shadow Divisions. A number of other units were also destroyed completely, including the Wild Geese, but some survivors managed to escape by DropShip after the Wild Geese sacrificed themselves to buy time. With the Regulan ground offensive firmly defeated, Word of Blake WarShips appeared in-system and shattered the Regulan naval forces, with only a few survivors escaping.
|Commanding Officers of the 13th Stalking Horse|
The unit can count on a number of established maneuvers like ambushes, traps, cavalry maneuvers and so on.
Dragoon Rating: B
13th Stalking Horse(1 Reinforced Squadron/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO/HHQ Command Troop: Colonel Jeffrey "Fred" Morgan
- Is the command unit
- XO/Alpha Troop (Temperamental Templars): Major Coleen "Amazon" Leve
- Contains 2 augmented lances + 1 lance with hover and VTOLs
- Bravo Troop (Dirty Dozen Ronin): Captain Janan "Ra" Keb
- Fields lighter units specialized in recon and fast assaults
- Charlie Troop (Bottled Lightning): Captain Sean "Stomper" Suthern
- Heaviest elements supported through battle-suits
- They fought with the Wild Geese against the 5th Division on Sheratan. Garrisoned later on Alta Vista.
- Have a mix of augmented lances + Ceti Hussars TO&E.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 31, p 34, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 41-42, "Chaos Overwhelming: Dante's Daydream"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 60 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 14