142nd Battle Regiment
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|142nd Battle Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||251st BattleMech Division|
In 2765 the unit was assigned, as a part of the XIV Corps in the Fourteenth Army to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region to take part in quashing the Periphery Uprising. They took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign to retake Terra and their parent division was disbanded by 2784.
After the campaign to liberate Terra, it is known that elements of the regiment joined the Federated Suns. Specifically, Fox Company of the Second Battalion refused the order to abandon their posts. The commander of this company, Captain Kieran McKinnon, encouraged Aleksandr Kerensky to support First Prince John Davion as the new leader of the Star League in April 2784. Recruiting a battalion of troops from the 142nd Battle Regiment, the AFFS used these personnel to form the Seventh Crucis Lancers in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 142nd Battle Regiment|
Captain McKinnon piloted a Black Knight BattleMech in 2788 and it is certainly possible that the Second Battalion had originally been composed of such 'Mechs, although by this point the rest of the company were a diverse mix.
- The Fox's Teeth, p. 6, "Brief History"
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- Starterbook: Sword and Dragon, p. 15
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Starterbook: Sword and Dragon, p. 14