14th Brigade (SLDF)
- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||5th Division|
The Fourteenth Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of the 5th Division during the creation of the SLDF, the 14th Brigade was a part of II Corps during Operation UNION HOLD, the five-year campaign to conquer the Outworlds Alliance. The 14th Brigade served as a part of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force from the start of the operation in 2581 until the entire 5th Division was transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
In contrast to later conquests during the war against the Outworlds Alliance, the 14th Brigade landing on Bryceland on the 26th of July 2581 was relatively civilized; the commanding officer of the Brigade, Lieutenant General Kern Peleshenko grounded the brigade around the Bryceland capital of Golden Bay, having already announced the presence of the 14th Brigade on arrival within the system, and the detail of his landing zones and order of battle as the 14th Brigade DropShips entered orbit. The defensive garrison had little chance against a complete brigade of SLDF troops; after probing attacks on the 27th, the 14th Brigade made a full attack on the 28th, breaking the Alliance lines in 10 minutes and the bulk of the Alliance infantry in 30 minutes, leaving the remaining armor units to be picked apart by 14th Brigade units. The Governor of Bryceland officially surrendered the planet on the 29th of July, and a sub-unit of the 14th Brigade, the 56th Regiment, remained on Bryceland as a garrison force.
Having regrouped after the initial wave of the invasion into the Alliance, the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force, General Amos Forlough, responded to intelligence suggesting that Tancredi IV was somehow vital to the Alliance defense efforts by deploying two brigades to annex the world and investigate the rumors. These two brigades - the 14th Brigade and 15th Brigade - were commanded directly by the CO of the 5th Division, Major General Angelo Rucker and landed on Tancredi IV in January 2582. Tancredi IV had no standing defense force, and both the SLDF landings and subsequent search of the planet were effectively unopposed. Despite the quietly agrarian appearance of Tancredi IV, Rucker was determined to conduct a systematic search of the planet, and after a month was close to giving up on discovering any evidence contradicting the apparently minor value of the world when three military DropShips lifted off from a remote region. Despite a hastily formed SLDF blockade, the three DropShips ran the blockade using three squadrons of heavy fighters as cover before vanishing from the system via a rendezvous with a JumpShip at a local pirate point. When recon flights finally found the launch site of the three DropShips, they discovered evidence indicating that dozens of DropShips had probably used the site as a transfer point for military equipment of all sorts, including 'Mechs and armor, but no threat of violence or interrogation used against the inhabitants of Tancredi IV ever turned up conclusive evidence of who had been operating covertly from the world.
In 2583 the entire of the 4th and 5th Divisions were assigned to conquer the industrial world of Cerberus; the invasion began with drops directly on top of the militia positions, which quickly overwhelmed and scattered the militia. The militia forces attempted to regroup, but Forlough had already ordered the six brigades of SLDF troops to destroy the will of the population to resist by laying waste to every factory, village, town and city on the planet. The Alliance would continually reinforce the defenders on Cerberus, which became the scene of constant grinding warfare until the end of the campaign against the Outworlds Alliance. The 13th would remain embroiled in the conflict on Cerberus until the entire of the 5th Division was deployed to the war against the Taurian Concordat in 2585.
|Rank||Name||Time Period in Command|
|Commanding Officers of the 14th Brigade|
|Lieutenant General||Kern Peleshenko||2581|
- When randomly generating force experience all 14th Brigade forces apply a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- All 14th Brigade units add a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- All 14th Brigade units may Force the Initiative.
- All 14th Brigade units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- All 14th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus on Availability Rolls for Advanced Components.
- All 14th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- All 14th Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to determine the availability of supplies or replacement equipment.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 112, "Bryceland"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 119, "Tancredi IV"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Cerberus And The Baby Killers"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Year Four: Slow Grind"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Negotiation"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"