14th Fleet (SLDF)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Fourteenth Fleet was one of the SLDF's independent fleets and the lightest fleet within the SLDF Naval Command. Highly specialized in nature, the Fourteenth was dedicated to intelligence-gathering and was highly adept at tracking fleet and troop movements; in addition to their dedicated role, in peacetime the Fourteenth also served as scientific and survey fleet in conjunction with the Star League Exploration Command. When the Periphery Uprising erupted the Fourteenth was redeployed from its position on the fringes of the Draconis Combine and assigned to the Outworlds Alliance.
After the various Hidden Wars but prior to the Amaris Civil War, the Fourteenth Fleet was assigned to monitor the borders of the Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, and Lyran Commonwealth. The presence of the 144th Scientific Survey Squadron expanded the Fourteenth's responsibilities to include planetary surveys. The Fourteenth Fleet has never operated as a fleet sized formation. Instead the various squadrons and flotillas pursue their objectives independently of each other.
The Fourteenth Fleet was assigned a home port in the Benjamin system, but since they spent so much time pursuing independent operations, the Fourteenth's Squadrons would simply arrive at the nearest SLDF base for repairs and refits.
|Commanding Officers of the 14th Fleet (SLDF)|
- Admiral Nina Alexander commanded the Fourteenth Fleet from the WarShip SLS Ashanti.
- The Fourteenth Fleet was unique in the SLDF Naval Command in that many of the ship's captains and flag rank officers (including Admiral Alexander) spent time working with the Star League Intelligence Command.
The Fourteenth Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 141st Reconnaissance Squadron (The Eyes in the Dark)
- 142nd Pursuit Squadron (Wind Chasers)
- CO: Vice Admiral Veleri Telenov
- 143rd Reconnaissance Squadron (Night Owls)
- CO: Vice Admiral Yin Guo
- 144th Scienctefic Survey Squadron (The Vespucci Squadron)
- CO: Vice Admiral Li Yang
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Fourteenth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 178