151st Royal BattleMech Regiment
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|151st Royal BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||151st Royal BattleMech Division|
|Disbanded||2788 (see notes)|
The 151st Royal BattleMech Regiment was the lead BattleMech regiment of the 151st Royal BattleMech Division, one of the divisions within XII Corps of the SLDF Ninth Army, and in the years immediately prior to the Periphery Uprising was located in the Free Worlds League Military Region of the Star League.
During the Uprising the 151st was deployed along with the rest of XII Corps to the Magistracy of Canopus; the chaotic battles in the Periphery saw the regiment take damage, with the Commanding Officer, Colonel Reynolds, killed in action on Krimari. Reynolds' executive officer, Lauren Hayes, was temporarily placed in command of the regiment, but during the reorganization of the SLDF following the Amaris Coup as Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky prepared for Operation CHIEFTAIN Hayes was promoted to the divisional command staff of the 151st Royal BattleMech Division.
The 151st Royal BattleMech Division survived the campaign for the liberation of Terra, with Hayes moving to command the entire Division in 2776, but a third of the division were killed in action during battles in India, Mexico and North America. It is unclear if the 151st Royal BattleMech Regiment survived the campaign, but the Division became the focus for those SLDF personnel who disagreed with Operation EXODUS and elected to remain in the Inner Sphere, ultimately participating in Operation SILVER SHIELD.
|Commanding Officers of the 151st Royal BattleMech Regiment|
|Colonel||Reynolds||2764 - 2765|
|Lauren Hayes||Operation SILVER SHIELD|
- Although it is unclear if the 151st Royal BattleMech Regiment survived Operation LIBERATION, the majority of the forces that participated in Operation SILVER SHIELD in June 2788 were reportedly disbanded shortly after, and it is this date that has been listed in the disbanded section of the infobox to reflect the latest date by which the regiment can be presumed to have almost certainly ceased to exist as a combat formation.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 17-18, "Lauren Hayes"
- The Star League, p. 142, "Ninth Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"