159th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|159th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Nickname||The Athena Division|
|Parent Command||XVII Corps|
The 159th was extremely popular with the Federated Suns as a whole and the citizens on its headquarters world of Hazelhurst thanks to Athena's Bow, a reality holovid series that followed the men and woman of the division through combat and their personal lives. Major General Senft used embedded journalists in her division to both display the strength of the SLDF as well as the good it performed, with the 159th as a whole became adept at media relations because of this.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Hazelhurst, assigned as a part of the XVII Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 159th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 159th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Hanne Senft||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 63, "Second Hidden War"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 59, "159th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- The Star League, p. 133