15th Army (Star League)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
Administered from the Army Headquarters on Hassi R'mel, the 15th Army enjoyed a relatively quiet posting prior to the Periphery Uprising; responsible for guarding the Periphery border of the Draconis Combine, the 15th's area of responsibility was comprised largely of peaceful, underdeveloped worlds. The main action seen by the 15th involved challenges from DCMS ronin, particularly on and around New Samarkand, the former capital of the Combine.
The 15th's headquarters on Hassi R'Mel was in the Kagoshima Prefecture of the Draconis Combine. This was useful in a strategic sense as most of the Combine's JumpShip traffic (civilian and military) would pass through the system on their way to other Prefectures. This allowed the SLDF forces to keep their finger on the pulse of the Combine. The Draconis Rift, an area the 15th Army was responsible for guarding, was a desolate area with few inhabited worlds. Most of the stars here were small red and orange stars. These small stars were dim and made it difficult for JumpShips to recharge efficiently. To respond, the 15th added recharge stations in the Rift. These stations and the few bright stars in the region were heavily guarded by the 15th's component commands.
When the Uprising engulfed the Periphery the 15th Army was rapidly deployed into the Outworlds Alliance in support of the 18th Army, and over the course of the two years of conflict the 15th lost ten Divisions and two Independent Regiments in combat, with another two Divisions ultimately being disbanded due to casualty levels. This meant that at the time of Stefan Amaris' coup on Terra, the 15th was operating at roughly sixty-five percent of full combat strength.
|Commanding Officers of the 15th Army (Star League)|
- When General Dimitry Barrios took command, the 15th Army would show up at a hotspot in far greater numbers than it needed to in order to completely overpower its foe.
Corps of the 15th Army
- The Star League, p. 141, "Fifteenth Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 44, "Fifteenth Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 179