15th Fleet (SLDF)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Fifteenth Fleet's deployment to the Federated Suns region of the Star League belied the official designation of the Fifteenth as one of the SLDF Naval Command's independent Fleets. This posting was a direct result of the continuing animosity between the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns in the wake of the War of Davion Succession and was a determined effort on the part of the SLDF to stamp out continued cross-border adventurism by both parties. As a result the Fifteenth saw extensive action against "bandits" during the 3rd Hidden War, up until the Fifteenth was deployed into the Outworlds Alliance in response to the Periphery Uprising.
Prior to the Periphery Uprising, the Fifteenth Fleet worked closely with elements of the Fourteenth Fleet. The Fifteenth's squadrons provided the muscle that the Fourteenth lacked, while the Fourteenth handled reconnaissance tasks that the Fifteenth's units were ill-suited for. This partnership worked very well. The Fifteenth was also known for a "work hard, party hard" attitude, set by its commander. The Admiral didn't tolerate behavior that allowed the party hard aspect to interfere with the work hard goals, dealing with sailors who overindulged quickly and harshly. Though this threat existed, the sailors under his command were ready to support in any capacity, often outperforming their targets in fleet exercises. The Admiral preferred to move his flagship from one squadron to another to both keep his sailors on their toes and to learn how the fleet as a whole was operating. Sailors could expect a few parties while his ship was present. When not on maneuvers or patrols, the Fifteenth was homeported at Kaznejoy.
|Commanding Officers of the 15th Fleet (SLDF)|
The Fifteenth Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 151st Line Squadron (The Everclear Squadron)
- 152nd Escort Squadron (The Escort Service)
- CO: Vice Admiral Tyra Mitchell
- 153rd Pursuit Squadron (Chubby Chasers)
- CO: Vice Admiral Connor Shick
- 154th Reconnaissance Squadron (The Silent Sight Squadron)
- CO: Vice Admiral Praveen Agarwal
- Traded from Fourteenth Fleet in exchange for the 142nd Pursuit Squadron.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Thirteenth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 188