15th Sword of Light
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Fifteenth Sword of Light|
|Unit Profile (as of 2899)|
|Parent Formation||Sword of Light|
Third Succession War and its Destruction
In 2899, the Draconis Combine dispatched the 15th along with other forces to attack the House Davion world of Quentin. Unknown to the task force, the Internal Security Force had failed to realize that planet had an air base with a modest force of heavy aerospace fighters. When the regiment's ships began their descent into the atmosphere, ten Davion Stuka Heavy Fighters assaulted their DropShips from orbit. Trapped aboard their ships, the 15th was effectively destroyed in their orbital descent along with their ships. Only a few survived the effective ambush, causing the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery to deactivate the 15th.
|Commanding Officers of the 15th Sword of Light|
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 138 STU-K5 Stuka, Battle History - Stuka's history includes the destruction of the old 15th Sword of Light.
- Technical Readout 3025 Revised, p. 174 STU-K5 Stuka, Deployment - Similar variation of the 15th Sword of Light story over Quentin maintained.
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 220 STU-K5 Stuka, Deployment - 15th Sword of Light's last mission still noted in new TRO entry for the Stuka.