161st Mechanized Infantry Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|161st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||XLVI Corps|
The 161st Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 161st was assigned, as a part of the XLVI Corps, Nineteenth Army, to the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the SLDF response to the Periphery Uprising. The 161st took heavy losses during the Uprising, and the division was disbanded. An ad-hoc regiment of personnel from the 161st defected to the Taurian Concordat in 2766, but was destroyed in 2767.
|Commanding Officers of the 161st Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133