163rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|163rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Black Sea Division|
|Parent Formation||XXIX Corps|
The 163rd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Monongahela, assigned as a part of the XXIX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region and then transferred to District 3 by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 163rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 163rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Shavonne Sharyl||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 53, "163rd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133