163rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|163rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Black Sea Division|
|Parent Formation||XXIX Corps|
The 163rd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Monongahela, assigned as a part of the XXIX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region and then transferred to District 3 by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 163rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 163rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Shavonne Sharyl||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 53, "163rd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133