166th Mechanized Infantry Division
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|166th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Red Diamond Division|
|Parent Formation||XXXVII Corps|
The 166th formed a part of XXXVII Corps, Fourth Army, and in 2764 the unit was stationed on Aucara, in District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising the 166th was deployed into the Periphery by the end of 2765.
The 166th survived the Periphery Uprising but took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the Red Diamond Division had been disbanded. Elements of the division went on to join the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League. In 2783 the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces recruited two battalions of assorted personnel from the 166th and used them as the basis for mustering the Seventeenth Liao Lancers.
|Commanding Officers of the 166th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Nassar Maloof||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 152
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 69, "166th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133