166th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|166th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Red Diamond Division|
|Parent Formation||XXXVII Corps|
The 166th formed a part of XXXVII Corps, Fourth Army, and in 2764 the unit was stationed on Aucara, in District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising the 166th was deployed into the Periphery by the end of 2765.
The 166th survived the Periphery Uprising but took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the Red Diamond Division had been disbanded. Elements of the division went on to join the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League. In 2783 the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces recruited two battalions of assorted personnel from the 166th and used them as the basis for mustering the Seventeenth Liao Lancers.
|Commanding Officers of the 166th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Nassar Maloof||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 152
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 69, "166th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133