168th Garrison (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|168th Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Nu Galaxy|
The 168th Garrison Cluster was a second line Cluster of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
Other Clusters of Nu Galaxy were posted to the Inner Sphere Occupation Zone after the Battle of Tukayyid  and this is also the likely deployment date for the 168th. The Cluster had deployed to Labrea by 3053.  Around late 3058 the cluster moved to Port Arthur to prepare for the arrival of the 6th Jaguar Dragoons and their push into the Draconis Combine. 
Operation Bird Dog
The First Battalion of the First Davion Guards was sent to Port Arthur in May 3059 as part of Operation Bird Dog a prelude to the main assault of the Occupation Zone. Inner Sphere intelligence agencies had expected the world to be lightly defended and had not identified the earlier movement of the 168th Garrison Cluster; their presence came as a surprise. Initially the Guards met with stiff resistance from the Clusters of Bondsmen assigned to the planet, piloting captured Inner Sphere 'Mechs. For almost two weeks the Guards and the Bondsmen fought running battles until the 168th Garrison Cluster was able to complete its move from the planets southern continent and join the fighting.
As the Cluster was poised to finish off the Davion Battalion reinforcements arrived in the form of the Second Legion of Vega, the Seventeenth Benjamin Regulars the Fifth Sword of Light and the remainder of the First Davion Guards.  These were protected by the aerospace squadrons from the Medusans. The fighting was bitter but short, the Fifth Sword of Light fought a holding action at Zourave Vale while the Second Legion of Vega and the Seventeenth Benjamin Regulars attacked from Disher. Totally outnumbered the 168th Garrison Cluster was shattered by the nightfall of the same day. Some elements attempted to escape from the planet, which sparked a naval battle in the system.  It is not known if any warriors of the 168th survived this engagement.
|Commanding Officers of the 168th Garrison|
- The cluster is a tributary of the 6th Jaguar Dragoons. Many warriors within its ranks were originally part of the Dragoons.
- The 168th Garrison Cluster is portrayed in the computer game MechCommander
- Shadows of War, p.52
- Objective Raids, p. 34
- Grave Covenant, p.263
- The Dragon Roars, p. 15
- Grave Covenant, p.258
- The Dragon Roars, p. 10-11
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 49
- Shattered Sphere, p. 54