16th Arcturan Guards
|Sixteenth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Sixteenth Arcturan Guards was founded after the initial founding of the Arcturan Guards brigade, and in common with the later-founded regiments, didn't bear a name based upon a Muse from mythology.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Sixteenth struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Sixteenth a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
In 2765 the Sixteenth was stationed on Maisons. Maisons was one of the newer colony worlds within the Lyran Commonwealth and was located on the extended border between the Commonwealth and the Bolan Thumb region of the Free Worlds League. During the investigation and subsequent crackdown on large-scale organized crime and corruption named Operation CATALOG it was discovered that the local governor of Maisons was a member of an interstellar crime syndicate, as were most of the planetary rulers. As the Commonwealth moved against the planetary government, those same corrupt officials organized the local militia to move in their defense, claiming that it was to protect Maisons from Commonwealth oppression, and it was subsequently alleged that those same officials attempted to appeal to the Free Worlds League for asylum. The rebellion was swiftly and brutally crushed by the Sixteenth when they deployed to Maisons; the Sixteenth's actions in dealing with the rebellion resulted in protests that reached as far as the chambers of the Star League Council.
|Commanding Officers of the 16th Arcturan Guards|
Sixteenth Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Sixteenth were stationed on Maisons.
2786 - 2821
16th Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Maisons. In 2821 the command was reduced to 39 percent of its strength and was deployed on Marsalle. 
16th Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Poulsbo with an operational readiness of 61 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- The Sixteenth Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99