16th Division (Word of Blake)
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|16th Division IV-eta|
|Disbanded||Destroyed in 3078|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Militia|
The 16th Division or known by its nickname The Razors, were among the shadow or "hidden" Word of Blake formations to emerge at dawn of the Jihad. It was known to have regular skilled troops as of 3075.
The unit first appeared (unknown to rest of the Inner Sphere) in 3068 as one two unknown Blake forces that raided Hesperus II. The raid was within early months of the Jihad, landing at Hesperus's Doering Electronics factory, destroying the Hesperus Militia, and quickly withdraw.
In September, the elements of the 16th Division and its sister unit, the 17th Division, briefly struck the world of Algol. The unit showed threaten the use of weapons of mass destruction if the local government did not surrender, which it did. This is quick action, allowed other elements of The Razors to lead its mercenary support units, such as Gray's Ghosts, to strike against Caselton. They had experienced difficulties getting by Caselton's asteroid based defenses forces, but manage get a beach head on the world by beginning of 3070. However, by this time the Word of Blake Militia command had issued a recall and redeployment order for the entire division to deploy to the Periphery Theater's war effort.
In 3071, elements of the Division were seen repainted in Free Worlds League Militia colors and commenced raiding in Canopian space. The Razors struck Canopian worlds of Adherlwin, Lockton, and Megarez. The 16th was repelled by Capellan forces on Early Dawn in 3072; the hard-pitched battle was reported to have involved four Level IIIs from the 16th participating in the battle. Over the course of a year and a half, the Razors were credited with raiding almost half-dozen Canopian worlds; Afarsin, Lindenmarle, Tarol IV, Techne's Revenge, and Wildwood.
|Commanding Officers of the 16th Division|
|Precentor X||Roi Azulai||3068 - 3070|
The unit is trained in non-standard gravity combat situation and masquerading as other House & Periphery regular combat units.
Uncertain, least 4 Level III formations reported.
3068 - 3070
The Sixteenth may use the RAT of any House or Periphery faction most appropriate to their mission (controlling player's choice). All units must be rolled from the declared table.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140 - "Rule Annex" - 16th Division listed as Regular unit.
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II, p. 7 "Sixteenth Division"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 102 - "Caselton misspelled as Castleton".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 102 - "16th Division unit profile from 3068-3074".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140 - "Rule Annex" - 16th Division specialties and tactics listed.