171st Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|171st Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Omicron Provisional Galaxy|
Just after that campaign, the ProtoMech pilot Andre Blood Spirit challenged Suzanne Church to a Trial of Grievance over her poor use of ProtoMechs during the Arcadia campaign and won. He assumed command as the Star Colonel after that.
In 3069 the Guards were led by Khan Karianna Schmitt on Albion capturing several industrial complexes from Clan Star Adder. Then defended these holdings on Albion when they came under several attacks between 3070 to 3072 by Adder forces.  In early 3073 they took part in the assault on Eden against the Star Adder and Clan Hell's Horses enclaves, showing no mercy to the Adders in retribution for the bombardment of York, after the battle they were left on Eden as guards.  It is unclear if the Cluster later joined the rest of Omicron Galaxy for the disastrous fighting on Tokasha in mid 3074,  however they do not appear on the Blood Spirit roster after this date.
|Commanding Officers of the 171st Crimson Guards|
|Star Colonel||Suzanne Church||3059 - 3066|
|Star Colonel||Andre Blood Spirit||3066|
Under the command of Suzanne Church ProtoMechs were poorly handled tactically. 
- A Trinary of ProtoMechs was added sometime before 3066. 
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 33, "171st Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p.38
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 158
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- The Wars of Reaving, p.104
- The Wars of Reaving, p.122
- The Wars of Reaving, p.139