172nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|172nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Turpentine Division|
|Parent Formation||XLI Corps|
The 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
Stationed on Labouchere in the years prior to the fall of the Star League, elements of the 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division, the 1722nd Brigade, discovered Marik Militia troops on an unauthorized deployment. The discovery devolved into a short fire fight between both units.
In 2764 the 172nd was assigned as a part of the XLI Corps, Ninth Army, to District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the SLDF response to the New Vandenberg Uprising by 2765. The 172nd survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Jasper Odam||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 123, "Ninth Army - 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 123, "172nd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 142, "Ninth"
- The Star League, p. 133