179th Striker (Clan Nova Cat)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|One Hundred and seventy-ninth Striker Cluster|
|Nickname||Circle of Power|
|Affiliation|| Clan Nova Cat|
Second Star League (while it existed)
|Parent Command||Sigma Galaxy|
Though Sigma Galaxy was responsible for gaining new holdings for the Clan during the Golden Century, the warriors of the 179th saw this posting to a second line unit as a slap in the face. To compensate they developed an aggressive (nearly reckless) fighting style.
The 179th Striker fought on the following worlds during the invasion of the Inner Sphere:
Destruction of Tau
Combine-Ghost Bear War
During the Nova Cats' counter-attack in the Combine-Ghost Bear War, the 179th along with the rest of the Sigma Galaxy retook the captured Combine world of Labrea from Clan Ghost Bear, inflicting heavy losses before the routed Bears retreated to deal with Clan Hell's Horses strikes against the Domnion. Following the Nova Cat Lancers and 189th Striker Clusters, the 179th then travelled to Tinaca, within striking distance of the Ghost Bear's capital of Alshain.
|Commanding Officers of the 179th Striker Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Santin West||3058|
|Star Colonel||Jill Lenardon||3062|
- Star Captain Ithon Delaportas from Battle Binary in 3058.
- Star Captain Nina from Charlie Beta Star in 3058.
Sigma Galaxy was noted for caution and hesitation on the battlefield. To overcome this reputation the 179th Striker Cluster equipped itself with fast units that could perform high-speed attacks that delivered a decisive blow to their opponent early in the confrontation. The 179th never practiced holding their ground, instead they were either attacking or re-organizing to launch another attack.
With their emphasis on speed and firepower, jump-capable medium and heavy 'Mechs. The Huntsman and Summoner formed the backbone of most Stars. The 179th also used second line 'Mechs if they were fast enough. Grizzlys, Black Pythons, and Conjurers were commonly found in the 179th.
- Command Supernova (3 OmniMech/Elemental Novas)
- Battle Binary (2 OmniMech Stars)
- Striker Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars]]
- Fighter Binary (2 OmniFighter Stars)
- 4 Trinaries
- Era Report: 3052, p. 61
- Field Manual: Update, p. 97 "Nova Cat Touman - Sigma Galaxy: (Spiritual Vision)
- Field Manual: Update, p. 95 "Clan Nova Cat - The Star League Nova Cats"
- Impetus of War, Ch. 28
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), p. 43 "Attacker"